Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any disabled queers out there?
Figured I'd start a hang-out thread for disabled folk on here. Doesn't matter if it's a visible or invisible disability, all are welcome! I myself am mentally disabled (clinical anxiety). How about the rest of you? Smile

I am short sighted if that counts which technically it should because in order to do my every day duties i need support of assistance from technology... l know many people think a disability is something basically you have to be wheel chair bound or crawling accross the floor begging for your life to end or something but it has many forms both major and minor and being sterotypical of what something should look like could make an indivudual arrogant Smile

Kindest regards

Aunty Zeon x

I have Fibromyalgia since 24 Years.... Symptoms : pains ( I get morphine, and 3 other painkillers ), sleepless, fatigue, Hyperalgesia, Allodynia, social difficulties ( friends have to call.. contact me .... because I normally can´t or don´t react ) and so on.

I have autism. A rare condition known as Hyperlexia, which is really just the opposite of Dyslexia and mainly affects boys. People with it are expert readers, but have difficulty understanding abstract concepts, which would explain why I have such a hard time with Algebra. I didn't know I had it until very recently, but it doesn't mean I'm disabled. The only real problem I have with it, is that I'm the only person who I know has it.

I have schizophrenia, sleep apnea, & a.d.d.

i'm bi with Cerebral PalsyWink

Mick

Joseph, who is sometimes on here too has learning difficulties, but is getting on with his gay life handsomely... Confusedmile:

I'm a thriver who once was only a survivor who was once only a victim! :biggrin:
I subsequently am in recovery from several mental health symptoms/characteristics including substance abuse, anxiety, depression, etc., etc..

I am a BIG proponent of learning the available science of behavioral health but and even BIGGER advocate for learning the art and science of recovery.

Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobic and sociophobic.

In medical terms: a real mess! Rolleyes

I was officially diagnosed with Bipolar 1 (the more severe of the two types) two years ago.