Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any disabled queers out there?
monk Wrote:Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobic and sociophobic.

In medical terms: a real mess! Rolleyes

all except sociophobic...that's actually where i flourish, lol.
but yeah, i have panic attacks, anxiety, and i was never agoraphobic until my recent move when i realize now that i'm SLIGHTLY agoraphobic....but that's just a self diagnosis, lol. the rest were all doctor diagnosed, lol

psychological issues are supposed to be statistically common with gay men, however, if you check it out.

i have aspergers & turrets syndrome( the dinner parties are just so interesting:biggrinSmile

I have a list of ailments too.

My neighbor, I affectionately call her The Banshee affectionately calls me the 'Cripple Next Door'. Actually she screams it when she wants her husband to mow their 3rd of an acre since every week I'm out mowing our two acres. So sometimes she modifies it with 'If the Fucking Cripple Next Door can------!....."

Years ago I had an 'accident' and did some structural damage to the framing inside. Blown disks are pressing against interesting nerves. So I get lots of pain. On top of this I have lived with Seasonal Affected Disorder all of my life. I not only get the Winter Melancholia I also get the Summer Hypo-mania.

I do not think of myself as 'disabled'. Sure I qualify for Disability and until this year I kept on working, even when my business was pulling in the debt. Its not until my truck threw a rod through the oil pan that I realized how silly I was working so hard to get no where fast.

I have multiple sclerosis, so I am in a wheelchair, I have difficulty concentrating, can no longer use my left arm, chronic fatigue, slurred speech, constant pain, blah blah blah...

So I will be going for an experimental stem cell treatment soon to stop my MS and with time reverse the effects Big Grin

Spades Wrote:I have multiple sclerosis, so I am in a wheelchair, I have difficulty concentrating, can no longer use my left arm, chronic fatigue, slurred speech, constant pain, blah blah blah...

So I will be going for an experimental stem cell treatment soon to stop my MS and with time reverse the effects Big Grin

I hope it works out well for youBighug

I dont have any physical disabilities but I'm sure I qualify for some mental.

Spades Wrote:I have multiple sclerosis, so I am in a wheelchair, I have difficulty concentrating, can no longer use my left arm, chronic fatigue, slurred speech, constant pain, blah blah blah...

All the best with that, Spades. Bighug

im a gay man.ihave learning disabilty and epilspey. i m prode of im a proper gay man who was disabeled. im not stopid. i am happyConfusedmile:

jaxc Wrote:i have aspergers & turrets syndrome( the dinner parties are just so interesting:biggrinSmile

ur a hoot!!!Multijump
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Spades I had a good friend with MS who is now passed some 15 years ago. He was a fantastic guitarist. So losing his functioning so gradually was a very painful thing to endure emotionally. I used to help him with his cath all the time and he'd say, "well I'm not gay but while you're down there...you know...uh...whatever ya'll do...!" Of course he was such a good friend for so long before getting so sick and I was just totally obliged to help out! Wink

I wish you ALL the best wishes with the treatments dude!Yllove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I'm disabled, twice over actually. I am dyslexic, have been all my life, well as long as I have been trying to read and write anyway and, I have diabetes, which put me on medical disability since I used to be a long haul truck driver and, you cannot hold a CDL (US truck driver's licence) if you have to use insulin injections which I do.