Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any horse riders out there?
Hey I'm a horse lover. Any other ladies out there who love the beast of burden?

I did until I was 14...at least I rode whenever I could (had one horse in particular I especially liked, and who gave anyone else trouble who tried to ride her beside me), but I wasn't obsessed with horse stickers, posters, books, and movies as some others were. I have fond memories of a Texan winter trail ride (when I was 14), too.

But I've spent little time with horses since then.

Right here , love riding try to get out there as much as possible.
Both of my granddaughters ride as well as my daughter in-law and my eldest son.
Youngest one will when he is ready.

I have my baby at home , well in a paddock near the river across the road.Confusedmile:

I'm no lady.

I haven't ridden in years. Back on the 'farm' (homestead, whatever you can't to call it) I rode nearly daily. The neighbors horse who only allowed me to ride her. I think her real problem was the whole put a saddle on her. Since I rode mostly bareback she had no issue with me riding her.

The last time I rode a horse was in 1992 I think. It was in Nevada where they took people on horseback rides out Reno way.

The horse I had was mild mannered, the guy who was the guide was way to handsy - I guess I was his type... :O

Actually it was very unprofessional of him, three of the ladies were loudly protesting to the manager back at the stable about how this guy was all over the 'straight man' that was along on the trail.

Their were a few assumptions here. 1. They assumed I was straight. 2. They assumed I didn't kind of enjoy all that extra 'help' with my horse and saddle.

Well, I'm no lady either but, I do love horses, own one (see my album here). I will be getting another soon since now I know I will be home to train it and, I know someone that sells nice foals for a good price. (Big dapple grey appendix quarter horses.)

Sorry guys , wasn't trying to exclude you. I am glad to hear from ya but I am longing for some female company so that's why I addressed the ladies directly. But thanks for joining the thread.