Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any idea??? Strange letter
Hi All,
I just want to seek some sort of advice if anyone knows this situation... Tonight when i got home i had a letter with just my address on it and it didnt say who it was addressed so i opened it thinking its the freeholder with a bloody bill or something ready to have a break down and it is from a company known as Hillside Messengers based in West Yorkshire... It reads:

Dear Sir,
Please telephone me as soon as possible and quote the message number noted below. Messages will be available for seven days from the date shownh above. Please be assured we are not a sales comp[any nor is our phone number charged at a premium rate...

Message number xxxxxxx
From Hazel

Now when i goggled it it said find friends family and reunited lost collegues etc... Now if someone wanted to know me surel;y they would use facebook? Anyone any ideas?

Kindest regards

Zeon x

Scam. Tread carefully.

It has a registered company number in england and wales as 3872713 so it doesnt look like a scam....

I'd throw it into garbage...

They don't say who or what they are, but the want you to trust them and make a phone call; and they don't say why you should do that. What reliable company would send a letter like this?

It's a scam letter.

Take it down to the local cop shop.

Hello,
I just did some further reasearch via other forums and found out that this company is infact a debt recovery firm which tricks people into belkieving things... I had already called them asking to contact me however I also re called them up and left a message stating that after doing some google work i discovered firstly you donjt have a valid licence which expired in January 2010, Your website is full of shit... The debt your trying to collect doesnt exist as the property you sent this to has been occupied for the past two years by myself almost and if your after a Mr zimbabwe fella he moved out long ago.. I explained in the message that if i receive anymore letters from yourself you are hereby in breach of this verbal notification which then gives me ultimate agreeance to contacting the office of fair trading and having charges brought against yourselves at Hillside messengers not only for A, Wasting my time but also B, Trading without a valid traders licence as set out in law. I told them that i have no intention of giving my address so please be careful who you send letters to as all my debts have been resolved and paid in full and I dont owe any company any monies.....

I also pre warned them that if they call me even after ive requested NOT TO i cannot gurantee i will be polite about the whole situation as i find these mis leading letters offensive especially when i am genuinely trying to trace some family members and dont need hoax letters coming through

I will have a bloody go at emn if they upset aunty Baliffs dont scare me as i can be more arrogant than them.... Trust me i have to be for a living lol

Legitimate numbers can be a scam as well.

SCAM, ignore it

Well today i did some reasearch about the company and it turns out they are breaking laws and tricking people into believing they are there to help them when infact they are somewhat not... They are sold peoples debts and they try tactics to prevent letters coming back with no return address until you open it inside,.,.. It is a debt collection agency which was struck off the OFT for being loan sharks... I am now holding evidence of correspondance just incase they send anything else through til i move from this address...

Quote:til i move from this address...

Please explain!