Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any musical decor?
So, do you have anything hung up around your flat/apartment/house that is related to music?

Old playbills, tour posters, musical theater posters and such?

This was my living room when I got home from work yesterday.

[Image: LR%20Before.jpg]

and this is how it looked 4 hours later, before I went to bed.

[Image: LR%20After.jpg]

Yup, 20 Madonna LPs on display in frames.

The 3 white squares represent the three LPs i'm missing; Music, GHV2 (greatest hits vol. 2) and Celebration. I have two of the LPs on order, and should arrive soon. After that, all I need is Celebration.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Oooh nice Madonna wall.

*Catches flight to US to move in with Chuck *

Cool wall and cool idea! I love album art......

Right now...I have a signed Gladys Knight and one from Manhattan Transfer in my computer room....

I used to have a life size one of Bette Midler...cost me almost 750.00 total with the poster and getting it framed...and that was back in 1980 dollars....it was my favorite possession for a long time...so I gave it to an auction that helped raise money for AIDS Food Bank and thankfully it raised a decent amount of money. I thought about going to bid and buy it back LOL

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQn8UJk4VWnaQjuxdxK3Z...xItvhBKXsw]

I have a few Broadway posters hung up and one French ballet poster. I also have a signed guitar from my favorite band sitting on a stand.

well, if you count 500+ original CDs as decor. i do. and they are on prominent display at my place. with some of my favorites getting extra prominent space.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

This is a painting a good friend of mine made and gave to me before he moved away. I have it hung in my bedroom.

[Image: 7aIBRaD.jpg?1]

East Wrote:Cool wall and cool idea! I love album art......

Right now...I have a signed Gladys Knight and one from Manhattan Transfer in my computer room....

I used to have a life size one of Bette Midler...cost me almost 750.00 total with the poster and getting it framed...and that was back in 1980 dollars....it was my favorite possession for a long time...so I gave it to an auction that helped raise money for AIDS Food Bank and thankfully it raised a decent amount of money. I thought about going to bid and buy it back LOL

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQn8UJk4VWnaQjuxdxK3Z...xItvhBKXsw]

Haha, yes, I remember now that The Manhattan Transfer was (and still is) one of my favourite singing groups. Some of their covers would make it to my wall...
[Image: The+Manhattan+Transfer+-+The+Manhattan+T...975%29.jpg][Image: 1401959126_ianmdaack.jpg][Image: 51rknqh-d5L.jpg]

I've often also reflected on how wonderfully classical music albums covers were chosen.... I can't think of a good example just yet, but I'm sure I'll find one soon.

Well, yeah, I do have a framed chant. The walnut frame I refinished and the chant I cut from the original book. Also have a photo that features my college music building as an element. Then there are the instruments and the piles of music.
I bid NO Trump!