Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one been to Madrid??
marshlander Wrote:Madrid ... lucky devil! I've been twice with PA and the galleries are amazing. I fulfilled a lifelong dream to see Picasso's Guernica for real. It was a stunning and emotional experience.

There is so much to see. My favourite, of the galleries I've visited there so far, is the Reina Sofia. I'm very envious and will go back sometime ...

Enjoy ... and don't forget to check out the churros in the old chocolate cafe Wink
Yes that's in Calle San Gines, not very far from Puerta del Sol nor from the Plaza Mayor...

Star Twister Wrote:I didn't know that

I Agree

Will be in touch Confusedmile:

I could tell ya a fe facts about brighton...

1, Established in 1770 ish as Brighthelmstone which was a small village for fishing... The victorians beleived that our sea had healing power and had caused alot of goodness to health...
2, The old steine was used by the fishermen to lay their nets to dry and because the women complained the nets were getting in the way this caused uproar with fishermen who then scattered them oin the beaches so that they were no go areas unless you wanted broken ankles or something like that not sure exact detail on this..
3, Gay life in Brighton came into existance about the early 1800's and over the years has formed to what it is known as today.
4, Many areas of Brighton were built for the factory workers such as lewes road , brewers street, trintity street etc etc all that area was made to house the workers and designed by one man and one man alone but if i remember right lewes road had something to do with him..
5, Brighton offically became a city in the turn of the new millenium by the queen and was played off against loads of other towns

marshlander Wrote:Madrid ... lucky devil! I've been twice with PA and the galleries are amazing. I fulfilled a lifelong dream to see Picasso's Guernica for real. It was a stunning and emotional experience.

There is so much to see. My favourite, of the galleries I've visited there so far, is the Reina Sofia. I'm very envious and will go back sometime ...

Enjoy ... and don't forget to check out the churros in the old chocolate cafe Wink

I've always wanted to see Picasso's Guernica too, Cant wait to draw it...

See you guys next Friday, I'm off to bed now as I got to get up early tomorrow..

Laters guys!!

I'm so glad to be back in the UK....

OMG!!!!

The older people in Madrid really really hate disabled people!!!

I was treated worser than the prostitoots on the street I was staying on lol!

I had dog shit shuck at me, people spiting at me too and also hissing at me which was really strange lol!

Well apart from that It was really good lmao!!

I love the food and the art that there is in Madrid..

They sound like a friendly bunch Roflmao

Indeed they were lol!

The place I was staying in was on the same street as the local prostitoots were..

Bloody prosies were there 24/7 and they would even grab guys and try and make guys sleep with them...

I was bloody scared that they would do the same to me, if I get grab like that I would fall over and find it really hard to get on my own!!

On the funny note though my mate ended up in a gay club on his own and got well abused by the guys there lol!!

My mate is really really straight and has one of the most friendliest girl friend on the world....

I have all the luck of a fish in a barrel lmao!

sweetlad86 Wrote:Indeed they were lol!

The place I was staying in was on the same street as the local prostitoots were..

Bloody prosies were there 24/7 and they would even grab guys and try and make guys sleep with them...

I was bloody scared that they would do the same to me, if I get grab like that I would fall over and find it really hard to get on my own!!

On the funny note though my mate ended up in a gay club on his own and got well abused by the guys there lol!!

My mate is really really straight and has one of the most friendliest girl friend on the world....
I think I may know the street you mean. Very sad sight, all those girls filling the pavement and just waiting for work :frown: So close to a main street too it's like suddenly stepping off into another world.

Sorry to hear you were so badly treated, though. That is despicable :mad: Did you notice the number of beggars on the streets who were missing limbs? That was a bit of a shock for me.

As to your mate being abused, I hope he suffered no lasting damage. It's as horrible for a straight to be abused by a gay as the other way round. Neither justifies the other. Maybe you should have warned him about the delights of sightseeing in Chueca Rolleyes

So tell us ... what about the art?

marshlander Wrote:I think I may know the street you mean. Very sad sight, all those girls filling the pavement and just waiting for work :frown: So close to a main street too it's like suddenly stepping off into another world.

Sorry to hear you were so badly treated, though. That is despicable :mad: Did you notice the number of beggars on the streets who were missing limbs? That was a bit of a shock for me.

As to your mate being abused, I hope he suffered no lasting damage. It's as horrible for a straight to be abused by a gay as the other way round. Neither justifies the other. Maybe you should have warned him about the delights of sightseeing in Chueca Rolleyes

So tell us ... what about the art?

[Image: exterior-of-hostel-metropol.jpg]

I was staying in a hostel Metropol (Montera St) above the Macdonald's, it was mad seeing them girls just out side Macdondald's. Funniest think I seen on that street was a police station next door to a sex shop and brothel lol!

I was so sad saying all the disabled people begging too and selling lotto tickets on the side walk...

lol! My mate was ok, it was his own fault though he drank four shots of absent and just walk off with out telling any one including his GF. My mate is totally cool with it too, hes got quite a lot of gay mates so he just thought it was a laugh and a story to tell his mates lol!

The art was cool, but the only stuff I really liked was Pablo Picasso's art at the Palacio Real Museum (I think that was where I seen his art lol). But Goya's Black paintings were so sweet to see in real life though...