Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one get any books for Christmas and which ones?
Hi did anyone get any books for Christmas and which ones?

Dracula, Remembering the Kanji Volume 1, Higurashi no naku koro ni (manga) and 1Q84 :3

SolemnBoy Wrote:Dracula, Remembering the Kanji Volume 1, Higurashi no naku koro ni (manga) and 1Q84 :3

I have read Dracula it's good. Smile

Yeah I've read it before too and I liked it Smile

For Hanukkah we get a lot of books during the 8 days/nights. Roflmao
This year I had Tao: The Watercourse Way, and The Way of Zen, both by Alan Watts, on my wishlist.

I've always love the The Peanuts comic strip. So my mom gives me the latest edition of that each year. The Complete Peanuts.

And this year they surprised me with the Complete Calvin and Hobbes collection. :biggrin: I'm enjoying that!
[Image: boy-calvin_hobbes3_zpse6458008.gif]

I just got a new ipad and I downloaded the kindle app. I recently purchased some cheap books from the kindle store, and I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. These 3 books were recommended by a good friend.

- The Depths of Deception, by Ian Fraser (A+, well written, great plot, and I lived in SA for awhile, and thought the descriptions were dead on)
- Anarchy of The Gods, by James Ash (A+, I loved the plot and the book had plenty of gay characters)
- Wolf Dawn, by Susan Cartwright (so far I give this book an A, still reading..)

I bought a bunch of other books too, but I'm still reading through the third book on the list. We've started a book club and I have been trying to find more books with gay characters. So, any suggestions are welcome.

AdrianMarcus Wrote:I just got a new ipad and I downloaded the kindle app. I recently purchased some cheap books from the kindle store, and I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. These 3 books were recommended by a good friend.

- The Depths of Deception, by Ian Fraser (A+, well written, great plot, and I lived in SA for awhile, and thought the descriptions were dead on)
- Anarchy of The Gods, by James Ash (A+, I loved the plot and the book had plenty of gay characters)
- Wolf Dawn, by Susan Cartwright (so far I give this book an A, still reading..)

I bought a bunch of other books too, but I'm still reading through the third book on the list. We've started a book club and I have been trying to find more books with gay characters. So, any suggestions are welcome.

Wow they are good books. Smile welcome to GS. Smile

My nice cleaning lady from Grenada gave me a Bible to save my gay soul. I started reading Revelations by St John the Evangelist. I had also gotten a new cable company that day and was trying to find the news stations on my new remote control.

I read a verse that sounded weird. I looked at another news show that looked weird. It dawned on me that John was not prophecizing, he was just watching the same stupid news shows I was watching. I was surprised that TV signals went back in time. Actually, Star Trek had shows that time went backwards and forwards. St. John was probably chewing on something made of copper and saw the same stupid TV news shows in his head. Unaware of TV, he thought God was revealing something to him. Poor John. He thought assholes on Fox, CNN or msnbc had something important to say.

I get it. The reason the world didn't end on 12/21/12 was because pagan prophets are on another timeline. They are on the LONG DISTANCE TIME LINE TO THE UNIVERSE a wholly owned subsidiary of Facebook. I better start reading the new Bible on the internet. I sure love bullshit. We used to rely on religious leaders for bullshit but the internet is considered a religious experience for brain dead zombies who have never read a book.