Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one interested in History??
Any one interested in History.

I'm asking because I cant get enough of it. I'm meanly interested in the WW1,between war years and WW2, British Civil War and the Cold War, well its the only part of history that I now quite a lot of. I love finding out stuff about history I didn't know before.

I think I'm bloody lucky I wasn't born in Germany in the 1930/40's because I would be f00k lol!

I'm Bisexual, classed as Disabled, and I'm an Artisan, oh oh I'm brown haired and eyed lol!

I'm just about to read about how the SS started and their little stories!!

sweetlad86 Wrote:I think I'm bloody lucky I wasn't born in Germany in the 1930/40's because I would be f00k lol!

Fixed! Xyxthumbs

Phil! Wrote:Fixed! Xyxthumbs

Cheers lol!

Do you know that SS stands for SchutzStaffel???
does it not? (Defence or Protection Team or Squadron)
Schutzstaffel (German), in the Nazi regime: an elite paramilitary unit, originally of bodyguards to party leaders, later of ruthless and feared enforcers of Nazi policy in all areas, of which the Gestapo formed a part.
[1940s: German, meaning 'defence squadron'.]
As for the Democratic Republic's STASI that stood for Staats Sicherheits Dienst
Stasi German
abbreviation the name of the former East German secret police which was abolished in 1990.
[1990s: German, a shortened form of Staatssicherheitsdienst state security service.]

Well to answer the question that you posed, I am indeed interested in history. However, my speciality is Ancient Greece, just a fascinating time in our world's history.

I find history very interesting. :3

XRIMO Wrote:Well to answer the question that you posed, I am indeed interested in history. However, my speciality is Ancient Greece, just a fascinating time in our world's history.

What part of Ancient Greece do you like the most?

I'm into the part when the Romans take over..

Tell you one that I'm slightly interested in is Chinese and Japanese History before the 18th century.

sweetlad86 Wrote:What part of Ancient Greece do you like the most?

My area is between the Classical period (500 BC) up to the death of Alexander the Great (323 BC). Basically when Greece was in the height of its power in the world.

XRIMO Wrote:My area is between the Classical period (500 BC) up to the death of Alexander the Great (323 BC). Basically when Greece was in the height of its power in the world.

Whats the connection between the Ancient Greeks and gays then??

XRIMO Wrote:My area is between the Classical period (500 BC) up to the death of Alexander the Great (323 BC). Basically when Greece was in the height of its power in the world.

Essentially its all been downhill from then. Cry

Also. What have the Romans ever done for us? :biggrin:
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.