Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one know anything easy to cook?
Any one know anything easy to cook? I'm asking because I'm fed up having beans on toast, pasta and noodles, any simple ideas?

I was going to suggest beans on toast but you have it covered Big Grin.

Just go your local supermarket and grab some frozen junk.

CardShark Wrote:I was going to suggest beans on toast but you have it covered Big Grin.

Just go your local supermarket and grab some frozen junk.

Thats losing the point though lol!

Cooking not microwaving lol! Headscratch

You can put them in the oven as well Roflmao

Cook yourself a tuna and sweetcorn pasta bake its pretty easy to do

kindest regards

zeon x

sweetlad86 Wrote:Any one know anything easy to cook? I'm asking because I'm fed up having beans on toast, pasta and noodles, any simple ideas?

Quoted for zeon

CardShark Wrote:Quoted for zeon

If he wants something easy to cook then it needs to be a single ingredient he was fed up with beans on toast so thought id give an advantage to a nice tasty meal plus pasta bake isnt that hard to do if done correctly

kindest regards

zeon xInvasion

Jacket potato with cheese/beans/chilli/coleslaw/butter

Sausage Sandwich

Stir fry (you can pick up packets you just chuck into a wok (or frying pan) for 5 minutes - or chose some veggies and meat/tofu you like and sling them together - often makes enough for a couple of meals

Soup with nice bread

French bread pizza (french bread spread with tomato puree then grated cheese and any toppings you want in oven for 10 mins plus a moment under the grill if cheese not fully melted)

Cheats meat n veg - use microwavable packets of veg and mash (or a jacket potato) from supermarket with a 'stick in the oven' chicken/quorn fillet. Yes its just microwaving but means a lot of the goodness stays in the veg

Dippy egg and soldiers

Or cook something 'big' on a day when you have time/inclination and save some to heat and eat during the week (or freeze if you are lucky enough to have a freezer and use whenever). Ideas include lasagne, chilli, shepherds pie, roasted veg - I can give you recipies for these in meat or veggie form if you like - just ask.

Can anyone tell I cook on a budget/with very little time!!!

I think there is also a recipe thread somewhere - though it was a little short lived!

BiPenny Wrote:Jacket potato with cheese/beans/chilli/coleslaw/butter

Sausage Sandwich

Stir fry (you can pick up packets you just chuck into a wok (or frying pan) for 5 minutes - or chose some veggies and meat/tofu you like and sling them together - often makes enough for a couple of meals

Soup with nice bread

French bread pizza (french bread spread with tomato puree then grated cheese and any toppings you want in oven for 10 mins plus a moment under the grill if cheese not fully melted)

Cheats meat n veg - use microwavable packets of veg and mash (or a jacket potato) from supermarket with a 'stick in the oven' chicken/quorn fillet. Yes its just microwaving but means a lot of the goodness stays in the veg

Dippy egg and soldiers

Or cook something 'big' on a day when you have time/inclination and save some to heat and eat during the week (or freeze if you are lucky enough to have a freezer and use whenever). Ideas include lasagne, chilli, shepherds pie, roasted veg - I can give you recipies for these in meat or veggie form if you like - just ask.

Can anyone tell I cook on a budget/with very little time!!!

I think there is also a recipe thread somewhere - though it was a little short lived!

Dearest Aunt Penny,
Please accept my formal invite to come and cook me some food because i am too tired and keep managing to burn water.. The smoke alarm goes off everytime i make toast and the house walls look black... Your idea of food looks highly nice which one could only dream of

Kindest regards

zeon x

hehe Tongue

zeon Wrote:Dearest Aunt Penny,
Please accept my formal invite to come and cook me some food because i am too tired and keep managing to burn water.. The smoke alarm goes off everytime i make toast and the house walls look black... Your idea of food looks highly nice which one could only dream of

Kindest regards

zeon x

hehe Tongue

Good god you make me sound about 70!!! I assure you cooking does not always go well in the Penny household. Today I almost bolied the pan dry doing eggs and yesterday I did the same with pasta - because I was facebooking and talking on the phone at the same time!!!! It was all still edible though!

Almost all the suggestions above are able to be done either in under 10 minutes or involve putting something in the oven AND REMEMBERING ITS THERE!!! Maybe don't attempt the stir fry first eh?!

Tell you what - if you all bring a bottle of something and a straight guy or gay girl (or both) with you then we'll have a dinner party at mine!!