Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one know anything easy to cook?
wow ardus when do you want to cook for me?

my favorite meal is pork chop with garlic and cheese -)

you need potato, cheese (i use the cheapest i can find), mayonnaise, garlic, solt, olive oil, mold black pepper

to a small plate add some olive oil, press 3-4 garlic bulbets, add a little solt and pepper. Let it stay for 10-15 minutes.

Cut some potatoes onto average pieces, lay them as a layer to the baking tray (i use square tray with smth like 40 centimeter side). After you've laid potato to the tray - just add oil with garlic and spices there, all potato must be in this spicy oil.

Have pork tenderized by the butcher or pounded with a mallet. Salt and pepper both sides of pork. Put tenderized pork the next layer (on the potato).

Mix grinded cheese with mayonnaise and cover all the tray with the last layer (using this).

Put to the oven (about 200C for 20-30 minutes, until there would be golden cheese crust )...

P.S. cooking english appeared to be really hard for me =)

CLV71 Wrote:wow ardus when do you want to cook for me?

I'd love to cook you a nice dinner and a wonerful dessert Lee Wink
Richard

How about a bacon sandwich.

Two thick slices of freshly bake bread, real butter, rashers of smoked bacon and brown or red sauce. Together with a mug of tea, what else could you asked for .Confusedmile:

It seems the thread is older but, If anyone else is looking for a change or havent had something like this in some time:
I don't know what you'd call it, but It's roast beef potatoes and carrots.

Ingredients: Roast beef, potatoes, carrots (i use baby carrots, not baby food carrots, just the small ones), salt pepper, water. Time: less then an hour start to finish, not exactly sure,

I put the beef roast in a 2 quart (i guess thats 1.8 liters) pot on medium-low heat and sprinkle it with salt and pepper, keep an eye on it. While thats cooking I scrub/rinse the potatoes. Its up to you whether to peel the skins off, I like the skins, plus its one less thing to do to make it quicker. Cut the potatoes and carrots up. When the roast starts to turn grey add in the potatoes and carrots (i like to layer them cuz it makes it look like theres some order or fanciness to them) make sure you leave some of the carrots on top, I keep the pot covered from this time on. Add in about a half inch or so of water leaving the cooking heat the same and let it simmer and steam, the roast will cook the rest of the way, and its done when the carrots you left on top are nice and tender (of course I ALWAYS cut my meat open and make sure its not pink inside). You have a nice dish that tastes wonderful, and all the tastes blend together. Add salt and pepper if you think you need it for your carrots, its good either way.

If you feel adventurous you can take the finished water/carrot/potato/beef dripping liquid mixture let it cool in another pan. Once cool add flour and brown gravy seasoning, put on medium heat until it boils then let simmer til it thickens stiring the whole time. Then pour on top of the potatos and carrots/meat.

Thats pretty much how I did it, I like it alot. You can eat on it for a few days (granted your not eatting just that for every meal) id say it makes 2-3 good sized meals. I figured out what it cost me to make it (since im a college student trying to be frugal and experimenting with different things, and I like to be frugal anyways) about $7.25 USD, but I bought enough to make it a few times over.

If your looking at changing stuff up, it changed me up a bit. It had been so long since I bit into a tender potato like that, before I made this about a week ago. Its simple with only 3 required ingredients aswell.

If you have a microwave, this recipe is impossible to screw up and it's very yummy:

Artichoke and Walnut Risotto

25g/1oz butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, chopped
1 can artichoke hearts
100g walnuts
1 large crisp apple, sliced
3 or 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
300g/11oz rice
50ml/2fl oz white wine (optional)
1 ½ pints (300ml) boiling water
2 oxo cubes or any stock cubes
¾ packet grated parmesan or similar (75g or 3oz)
2/3 tub mascarpone or cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon

1. In a large bowl microwave on high butter, oil, onion and garlic, covered for 5 minutes.
2.Stir in rice, boiling water and oxo cubes and microwave 10 minutes uncovered.
3.Add apple and artichokes. Microwave 6 minutes.
4.Stir in parmesan, mascarpone and walnuts and leave to stand 5 minutes before serving. Squeeze lemon juice over it.

Bread > Fried Bacon > Fried egg > Red sauce > Bread

YUM Big Grin

[COLOR="Purple"]I think that a cast iron skillet is a mans best friend.

If you get it properly "seasoned" it is non-stick and cleans up with only a paper towel.

and i think most men like their foods well done or with a little crust.

I dont have any recipes to try out but do quick or slow warm up foods with a cast iron skillet.

Oh, I did learn a new way to do steaks. Get your skillet super hot. I like to add a bit of butter just before smacking down your steak. I just use fresh ground pepper and salt on my meat.

Put your steak on the sizzling hot pan and count ten seconds. Flip. Ten seconds. Flip. Go thru this for a couple minutes. It leaves the inside pink and warm but the outside caramelizes into a beautiful crusty steak.[/COLOR]

peterinmalaga Wrote:If you have a microwave, this recipe is impossible to screw up and it's very yummy:

Artichoke and Walnut Risotto

25g/1oz butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, chopped
1 can artichoke hearts
100g walnuts
1 large crisp apple, sliced
3 or 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
300g/11oz rice
50ml/2fl oz white wine (optional)
1 ½ pints (300ml) boiling water
2 oxo cubes or any stock cubes
¾ packet grated parmesan or similar (75g or 3oz)
2/3 tub mascarpone or cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon

1. In a large bowl microwave on high butter, oil, onion and garlic, covered for 5 minutes.
2.Stir in rice, boiling water and oxo cubes and microwave 10 minutes uncovered.
3.Add apple and artichokes. Microwave 6 minutes.
4.Stir in parmesan, mascarpone and walnuts and leave to stand 5 minutes before serving. Squeeze lemon juice over it.

This sounds scrumptious, Peter, do you think it can also be cooked more traditionally in a pan, like normal risotto. I think we'll try it, it sounds delicious.
Thanks for the recipe.
PA

Any type of omelette is quick and easy. You can just break the eggs, I generally add a little milk and / or cream if I have it in the house, salt and pepper, any herbs that you have lying around. If you want something in your omelette and it needs cooking first, then cook it in the pan with a little oil, it could be bread bits (croutons), or onion rings, or beans, or potatoes (precooked), or red pepper or ratatouille... then add the eggs and stir (it'll be more like scrambled eggs then) or leave the egg to settle and cook, then turn it over a bit.