Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any podcast recommendations?
Hey guys I've got some empty space in my brain and I'm looking a new podcast to fill it with. Any recommendations?

Maybe a good LGBT one?

Not precisely a podcast, but Emergency Awesome always does nice analyses of various shows I like on youtube.

Never been too keen on watching or reading LGBT stuff so I can't recommend anything there.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I dont really listen to lgbt podcasts but I do listen to a lot of podcasts. Here are my favorites:

The Bowery Boys - if you have an interest in NYC history, this is THE podcast.
StarTalk - Neil deGrasse Tyson's podcast about science and space. Its really entertaining and interesting.
Intersection with Jamil Smith - a podcast about identity and intersection. They have had some really good interviews with people discussing the intersection of race, gender, sexuality, all that good stuff.
Our National Conversation about Conversations about Race - Another great podcast that talks about race and identity and breaks down some of the headlines involving race and how people talk about it
BBC Documentaries - Very interesting for global news stories
TedTalks - It mixes the audio of TED talks with more in depth studio interviews of the speakers
Freakonomics Radio - if you know Freakonomics, this is just their podcast - really interesting stuff
Invisibilia - A podcast about the invisible forces that control human nature, to rip their own description. More sociology type stuff.
Radiolab - Just interesting stories and interviews. Again, a lot of sociology, science, general interest type stuff.
Lore - good break down of famous scary legends / folklore.
Astonishing Legends - Same kind of thing, exploring scary stories, legends, conspiracy theories
Thinking Sideways - True crime, mysteries, the paranormal, stuff like that
Criminal - Interesting true crime stories
Last Podcast on the Left - More true crime / paranormal / scary stuff. Very unfiltered though. The hosts are pretty funny but potentially offensive if you dont have a strong sense of humor while listening.
My favorite murder - More true crime. Its a new one, just like 4 episodes so far, but I like it.
Jim Harold's Campfire - Listeners call in and talk about their ghost stories / paranormal experiences.
Bunker Buddies - they talk about different end of the world situations and what to do to survive them. Its entertaining and also interesting.
Flash Forward - different what if scenarios about what future realities might be like
Orbital Path - Another new one. Science, Space, that kind of stuff.
This American Life - the podcast version of the pretty famous general interest radio show
Myths and Legends - Origins of folklore from around the world
Death, Sex, Money - stories and interviews involving death, sex, and money.

I clearly spend a lot of time commuting. But those are all great podcasts, if sociology, science, true crime, the paranormal, or global news are of interest to you.