Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any record collectors out there?
I enjoy music, any record collectors out there?Catmilk

I guess I qualify. Although I don't collect per se. Just buy the CDs of the albums I want.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I have somewhere between 200 and 300 vinyl lps & 12"eps, roughly 200 7" EPs and a couple of 78's dating back to the 50s

I'm not a collector but I do have an old record collection and a record player (legacy of my grandpa) I could sell for hundreds, maybe thousands of euros. Shame my mother won't let me do it :/

Wouldn't say I'm a collector in the sense of collecting vynl.... I would be classified as more of a audiophile. I have 200+ LP's, couple specialty items like the heart shaped record of Neon Trees...

Not sure how many 45's I have but I like to collect the odd stuff, like 90's. Like, for instance I have Matchbox 20 on 45, same with Barenaked Ladies and Counting Crows. Those seem to be hard to find because after all back in the 90's CD's where the thing... Nostalgia moment, I was at Best Buy last week and they still had portable CD players - Oh memories. Seems that the CD format is also on the endangered list but I think it will be some time before CD's completely fade out and make a comeback and it will be those of us who rode the cheese wagon with their headphones on and remembering how the CD would skip when the bus driver hits a bump...unless of course you had ESP...

Anyway, when it comes to vinyl. I try to go after quality and records in good condition. My turntable setup consists of a Pro-ject Debut Carbon with an upgraded acrylic platter and Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge with their fine line stylus. I also have the Project Phono Box S pre-amp when then goes to my reciever or sound card if I choose. As far as the rest of the sound equipment pretty much your entry level reciever, a Yamaha RX...something another but goes to a pair of Klipsch RF-8 and those are both loud and clear speakers.

Anyway, my record collection consists of new and old. Some of the newest additions to my collection have been "The Killers - Hot Fuss" and "Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Like Bad News" and for Christmas a couple years ago I got "Deathcab for Cutie - Kintsugi"

78's.... Yes I do have that and I can play them with my setup, have a seperate pulley for the turntable and stylus...It is a bit of a hassle for in my 78 collection I have a few good ones... "Glen Miller - Moonlight Serenade" from 1939 and a few others like Jimmy Dorsey and Nat "King " Cole.

Anyway, something I enjoy a lot when I have the time to sit around and play.

I do have a YouTube channel where I upload stuff when I get bored and have a few videos of some records playing back...

https://www.youtube.com/user/layziebone2152/videos
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Piri Wrote:I'm not a collector but I do have an old record collection and a record player (legacy of my grandpa) I could sell for hundreds, maybe thousands of euros. Shame my mother won't let me do it :/

Well, she's right. Don't do it.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:Well, she's right. Don't do it.

Ditto. A friend of mine had an old Edison player...if that's the correct way to put it -- it plays the old cylinder records...but the record player itself is often louder than the record itself...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I have quite a few vinyl singles, and CDs.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I have records and I occasionally buy more. Most of what I have is left over from my parents collections. A lot of jazz, blues, funk, and world music.

My dad collects records!
An eye for an eye