Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any superhero comic book fans on here?
Anybody read or collect superhero comics?

I started reading American comic books back in the late 1980's , still love them and I have a very large collection now.

Some of my faviorite titles are - Superman, x-men, Green lantern, New mutants, Power pack and Spider-Man.

I used to collect when I was a kid.

ddd Wrote:I used to collect when I was a kid.

Cool, nice to hear ddd Smile

I am a late starter. I buy comic books. Geoff Johns era. :-)

1285pytk Wrote:I am a late starter. I buy comic books. Geoff Johns era. :-)

Ooh good, better late than never I say hehe :p

1285pytk Wrote:I am a late starter. I buy comic books. Geoff Johns era. :-)

I'm the exact same way. I just started buying a bunch of trade paperbacks, all DC so far. I started with Grant Morrison's Batman run and am now mostly reading New 52 stuff, Justice League and a few other things.

I used to read comics when I was a kid and the last few months have been really stressful for me, so I've found that retreating into the world of superheroes has been a great release.

I used to love 2000 AD and the Judge Dredd megazine and have been meaning to get back into them. There was a great strip called Nemesis the Warlock which was insanity on print. I love Alan moore's work, especially From Hell. Can't recommend it highly enough. Iselectively like Batman as well. Apart from Year One, I much like frank miller's stuff, but I love The Long Halloween, Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, Hush...there are loads. You've put my the mind to dig them out and have a comics binge. And The Crow, that's a masterpiece.

Yep i agree Wade comics can take you away from normal life for awhile, and also spark your imagination as well Smile

I have read some of the 52 titles, i like both DC and Marvel comics.

I prefer manga, I've read tons of during the years, but I've also read some comics, like Ultimate X-Man until #40 or #50 or something. I've read some others single stories and graphic novels.

sillyboy86 Wrote:I prefer manga, I've read tons of during the years, but I've also read some comics, like Ultimate X-Man until #40 or #50 or something. I've read some others single stories and graphic novels.

Strangely enough i have never been able to read manga, just cannot get into it not sure why, yet i love Anime.