Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any superhero comic book fans on here?
marshlander Wrote:Spent all my pocket money on DC comics when I was young. The Legion of Super Heroes were my favourites, but I collected many others too. I still have five or six hundred DC comics from the 1960s stored away if they haven't been eaten by mice.

I used to love Legion of super heroes when I was younger, and many other DC titles as well, I started reading DC comics before Marvel comics.

You should dig your collection out again maybe some value in the comics you have. Smile

I have just started reading Elfquest the final quest comic, written by husband and wife team Richard and Wendy Pini. First started reading this comic twenty four years ago, so really looking forward to finding out how this epic tale ends.

I used to collect a ton of DC titles... then for a while I was pirating them. I know... BAD!!!

I'm still not 100% sure I like this "NU52" DC is doing. I'm getting burned out on all the re-boots.

Borg69 Wrote:I used to collect a ton of DC titles... then for a while I was pirating them. I know... BAD!!!

Tsk Tsk, naughty boy Tongue

I'm still not 100% sure I like this "NU52" DC is doing. I'm getting burned out on all the re-boots.

Yeah the rebooting is getting on my nerves, i prefer the DC comics the way they were in the 80's and 90's.

The pretty much screwed up the histories of most of the heroes I cared most for. Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, Justice League, Firestorm, ... and others.

I've got about everything there is for DC's Bizarro including three Superboy#68s where Bizarro debuted. Action figures. Kids halloween costume from 1962. At least 200 issues not counting duplicates. Got a good start on the Batman Bizarro stuff.

Probably sell it all soon. I've been bored with it for years and it's always in my way.

Bizarro ?!?!?! What a fascinating and intriguing choice to collect! I never would have guessed that. What got you started collecting him? I've always been amused by the Bizarro World population. The grey skin, and cube planet reminds me of Borg. Smile

I have a purple, backwards "S" Bizzaro T-shirt. Smile

[Image: tumblr_m96sv1gSEL1qegte3o1_500.jpg]

Borg69 Wrote:The pretty much screwed up the histories of most of the heroes I cared most for. Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, Justice League, Firestorm, ... and others.

I completely agree with you, bring back the old school comics.

memechose Wrote:I've got about everything there is for DC's Bizarro including three Superboy#68s where Bizarro debuted. Action figures. Kids halloween costume from 1962. At least 200 issues not counting duplicates. Got a good start on the Batman Bizarro stuff.

Probably sell it all soon. I've been bored with it for years and it's always in my way.

Wow unique and sweet collection.

Borg69 Wrote:Bizarro ?!?!?! What a fascinating and intriguing choice to collect! I never would have guessed that. What got you started collecting him? I've always been amused by the Bizarro World population. The grey skin, and cube planet reminds me of Borg. Smile

I have a purple, backwards "S" Bizzaro T-shirt. Smile

[Image: tumblr_m96sv1gSEL1qegte3o1_500.jpg]

Because Bizarro was hilarious! up was down, wrong was right, no meant yes. He was more fun than Dr Seuss. He was my hero when I was a kid.... and talking like Bizarro was a great way to aggravate adults. LOL. Plus believe it or not there was some real good social commentary done by all Bizarros.

I quote this cover all the time when I'm in something I don't understand
[Image: action+263+cover.jpg]

OH AND OF COURSE I HAVE A POOP LOAD OF BIZARRO T SHIRTS.