Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any teetotalers?
I'm not Teetotal.. but I very rarely drink. Theres been gaps of like 12+ months between my drinking! But when I do drink.. I do believe my liver needs 12 months to correct itself :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I drink very little, about one or two units a week Lol

In some respects I am a teetotaler. I often drink coffee, sometimes green tea. But sometimes I might have vodka and orange or Kopparberg cider. I've been known to drink 5 big bottles of cider in one night which is very bad I know!

I don't drink because my system can't break down sugar. Makes going to the bars a little dull, not to mention the fact that I always have to take responsibility for the things I do and say. Sad

I'm in college, drinking is unavoidable for me and I like to do it socially. No way could I ever be a teetotaler.

I used to be a complete teetotaller. Now I just have a drink or two on occasion. Maybe get drunk 2-3 times a year (specific holidays lol)

I'm not sure if this counts as teetotal-ling, but Gideon's pretty much forbidden me from alcohol. Primarily because I drink for the "wrong reasons" and over-do-it. Haven't had a drink in a couple (few?) years now.

As with many of us who grew up in the forties and fifties, drinking wasn't even noticed. If you went to someone's home, you were offered a "drink" assuming it was at least past ten or eleven in the morning. Cigarette boxes, filled, ashtrays and lighters were everywhere. It was the culture of the day. In Grad school, I quite drinking as I simply didn't have time to go out and throw one-or more-down. Also, for those of us from the Eisenhower era, we knew that to drink alone was the sign of the alcoholic so we didn't. Alone. In my early thirties I grew tired of drunks whether at parties or out some place. I didn't think about it but I just quit drinking. Not even coffee or tea. No caffeine beverages, Just water, perhaps two gallons of it a day. Need I tell you my colon and all concerned in that area, loved me. Then it was found I had MS. Good thing I didn't drink because some of the drugs I take have a nasty interaction with alcohol so that was a problem I didn't face. As I reached 70 my doctor pointed out that my only lightly lined face had to do with the quantities of water I'd consumed and it's also contributed to my ever clean colonoscopies. I'm not suggesting that every one quit drinking but...my experience has been that I don't miss it, I'm addicted to water-which drink however it is, straight from the tap, from the large carafe I keep by me and cannot drink enough. What I would suggest is that you try drinking only water for seven days-although 30 will produce a more satisfying result-and look at yourself. Here's another good thing, unless you delude yourself that only "good" water comes in bottles, the money you'll save over only having an occasional beer or cocktail becomes "real money" rather quickly.

I'm not sure you can call this the dissenting view....just another view on potables.

I'm a winemaker....so being a teatotaller would be....awkward.

yourname Wrote:I'm a winemaker....so being a teatotaller would be....awkward.
Yes, not much of a recommendation to your customers, either.
"What, this stuff? Never touch it. Now, how much did you want?"