Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any teetotalers?
I drink, but try NEVER to pressure someone who does not wish to do so. Both my parents were alcoholics and I suffered because of it. When I got to college and started dealing with this and other things, I made it a rule that whatever I did was my responsibility and have always kept that in mind. These days I am more settled and prefer to drink moderately and to drink high quality liquor., to enjoy rather than to abuse.
I bid NO Trump!

yourname Wrote:I'm a winemaker....so being a teatotaller would be....awkward.

Haha please when you next have a customer and they ask about it say 'Im Teetotal so have no idea' and see their reaction!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

LJay Wrote:I drink, but try NEVER to pressure someone who does not wish to do so. Both my parents were alcoholics and I suffered because of it. When I got to college and started dealing with this and other things, I made it a rule that whatever I did was my responsibility and have always kept that in mind. These days I am more settled and prefer to drink moderately and to drink high quality liquor., to enjoy rather than to abuse.

Brilliant way to cope with it. I think thats why I hardly ever drink my nan was an alcoholic.. set fire to the house when she was looking after me as a toddler, never really saw her again. I just see no need to drink daily. For some people it works for others it doesn't I guess.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I had never tasted alcohol until a couple of years ago when I tried a sip of wine at P.A.'s dad's house on Christmas Day. I have a tried about a teaspoon of some other drinks since then. Haven't come across anything I like enough to make the effort to buy any more. I suspect there may be some ciders I could get to like, but I'm in no hurry. P.A. and me - both teetotal.

I drink more water than anything else. Water straight from the tap is a real luxury for me. Living on a boat I have to go and fill a container of water for drinking every few days from a tap behind a barn at a farm nearby. I have a steel tank on my boat that I fill about every three or four weeks with water for washing or boiling. A mild winter has meant I've had access to water throughout the year this time.

Marky Wrote:I'm not Teetotal.. but I very rarely drink.

I'm the same way. I will occasionally drink, but don't overdo it. If I have too much, instead of putting me out, I'm awake all night, and then spend the next day feeling exhausted and out of sorts the next day.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

After living a robust youth, I gave up alcohol 2 years ago. I much prefer a joint at the end of the day. No regrets, no hangover, no next-morning apologies, no memory loss.

Gee, swalter, not all of us live in Denver!

I did visit once, but that was long ago.
I bid NO Trump!

East Wrote:Ahhh...you should try it sometime.....

Drinking rarely makes one an alcoholic...people who are alcoholic are predisposed before they ever touch a drink for the most part....

Lots of delicious drinks to try......

May I ask...why haven't you tried one before? is there a specific reason?

Just afraid of hangover and getting too drunk hehe Smile

Any particular drink to recommend for beginners? =D

IceblinkLuck Wrote:I certainly cannot call myself a teetotaler. I occasionally put down a few beers and every once in a while something harder. If you are thinking about trying a drink for the first time, go easy. Maybe a glass of wine or a beer. Don't jump into the deep end your first time.

Ok sure. Will take note of that. Thanks =)

Sharkspeare Wrote:Yeah 'cause that's where the sharks frolic.

Lol hahahaha......