Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any translators/ interprators in town??...
I have many questions about translation/ interpretation that I wanna ask someone who is working in the field of translation...

Please let me know by posting to this thread!

what languages do you need translation help with? is it a technical text, scientific text, any other specialized field? or just colloquial/slang?

i don't work as a translator but i speak English, Italian, and French.

also, if it's just English language anybody here who is a native English speaker can help you, without having had to work officially as a translator.

[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] , I suspect he's wanting to know about *becoming* a professional translator/interpreter, although, no he didn't exactly say that..

MikeW Wrote:[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] , I suspect he's wanting to know about *becoming* a professional translator/interpreter, although, no he didn't exactly say that..

well, he's gonna have to clarify on that one then.

but if it's what you suggested, then that is dependent on the region where he is located, which is Jordan. so he'd have to ask people/translators in Jordan about stating up as one. different regions have different requirements, opportunities and ways to go about it. someone in Europe or USA can't help with that.

I am no translator...but I would note for general interest that there is actually no English term 'Gonna' or 'Wanna'........lol......

Rareboy Wrote:I am no translator...but I would note for general interest that there is actually no English term 'Gonna' or 'Wanna'........lol......

i am aware of that. you'd be hard pressed to find anybody who doesn't use them nowadays though (in writing or speech, in unofficial speak). and there are much worse offenders out there than these two.

some of the spelling the rapper subculture uses is completely ridiculous, and really mutilating the language. and not being able to differentiate between 'then' and 'than'-- there's even a clear difference between the two in pronunciation so how one can confuse them on paper is beyond me.

speaking of which:

spelling mistakes

''die of beaties''......come on people! doesn't anybody own a dictionary anymore? or have access to the internet for that matter (although the latter might not be very helpful. this one is out there now as an alternative spelling for diabetes)?

I can help with Vulcan, Elfish and Klingon....