Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Good at Making Cheesecakes?
My advice is simply this...keep it simple.

My cheesecake is extremely simple and yet I get yearly requests for their "very own" cheesecake from several of my family members who don't even LIKE cheesecake when it's from a fancy restaurant or worse...bought at the store.

And my secret? It's all in the blend

I know it takes forever and when you first start mixing the cream cheese with the other ingredients, it looks like disaster has already struck..but stick with it. Keep mixing. When everything is starting to come together and the chunks of cream cheese are getting smaller and smaller...keep mixing. Don't be afraid to turn up the speed on the blender...oh right...watch out for the splatter

*Chuckles*

When your mixture is at along last as smooth and creamy as pudding and looks more like whipped topping than cake batter and you can't find a single chunk of cream cheese? NOW you're ready to bake.

Gideon Wrote:My advice is simply this...keep it simple.

My cheesecake is extremely simple and yet I get yearly requests for their "very own" cheesecake from several of my family members who don't even LIKE cheesecake when it's from a fancy restaurant or worse...bought at the store.

And my secret? It's all in the blend

I know it takes forever and when you first start mixing the cream cheese with the other ingredients, it looks like disaster has already struck..but stick with it. Keep mixing. When everything is starting to come together and the chunks of cream cheese are getting smaller and smaller...keep mixing. Don't be afraid to turn up the speed on the blender...oh right...watch out for the splatter

*Chuckles*

When your mixture is at along last as smooth and creamy as pudding and looks more like whipped topping than cake batter and you can't find a single chunk of cream cheese? NOW you're ready to bake.
Awesome advice..
Thanks so much..
I mix the batter in a giant food processor. .
I add an eight of a tea spoon of baking powder and one quarter cup of flour to the mix so it gets tons of air into the batter..
I also set the baking pan into a giant cookie sheet with a little water to add moisture into the oven..
The Cheesecake will not crack if you do that..

Thanks for posting..

Good heavens,,,,

Most of those recipe's are loaded with sugar. There should be a warning label at the bottom of each recipe that says " Delightful but dangerous - use caution and brush your teeth no later than 30 seconds after consuming"................

Tooth FAIRY,,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Good heavens,,,,

Most of those recipe's are loaded with sugar. There should be a warning label at the bottom of each recipe that says " Delightful but dangerous - use caution and brush your teeth no later than 30 seconds after consuming"................

Tooth FAIRY,,
Jim
This is the reason I do them rarely. .

Years ago I made one every Monday on my day off..
My butt got so huge I was starting to attract truckers..lol

Anocxu, that looks great. I want some!

Here's another one to try.

http://www.food.com/recipe/authentic-lin...cake-81781
I bid NO Trump!