Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here addicted to tanning?
Here's a cautionary tale:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-3154893...a&ns_fee=0
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I don't like "tanning" per se. Never had any inclination to get in a machine or get spray-tanned or anything. I do love laying out in the sun (SPF protected), though. Preferably starkers.

Lex

Yeah...when they first came out I did....for maybe three years...3-4 times a week...I loved the way they felt....

I wish I stopped because I knew it was bad for me...and I did know...even back then before there were any studies...it seemed obvious to me what the potential problems would be...

I think it does a lot more damage than cancer though....

I have always loved being tan… I enjoy lying out in the sun but often just don't have the luxury of the time to do it. Have never done any in-door tanning. I've thought about it but it just seems so, I duno, weird.

Lexington Wrote:I don't like "tanning" per se. Never had any inclination to get in a machine or get spray-tanned or anything. I do love laying out in the sun (SPF protected), though. Preferably starkers.

Lex

Used to do that a lot years ago (starkers I mean) but gave up when I realised the dangers. I haven't been to the beach for a long time now even though it's almost on my doorstep.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm in Colorado. The opportunities to sunbathe naked here are pretty limited. Smile

Lex

not a fan of tanning at all.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

One thing I notice here in Palm Springs is the difference that comes with people of different ages. Older people seem to love the sun. Not to say I don't see younger people out in the sun, but it usually while doing something else like hanging out and drinking with friends or in the pool or playing some sport. I see old people in our condo complex and at resorts that sit out in the sun all day, nearly everyday for no other purpose than to sit in the sun, despite all the warnings about how unhealthy it is. I also notice I see a lot more old people outside of restaurants, theaters, events, and bars getting a smoke than I do young people. I see both young and old doing it, but it seems like older people do it a lot more.

Not addicted to it, but I do enjoy getting color in the sun. When I lay out I do use sun protection...and you still get dark.

I do the indoor thing too, but not often and even when I do it I'm not very consistent. In winter it feels really good, I won't do it to get really dark, but to have a base tan.

I know it's not great for you, but like all things moderation is key. When I do it I also always put sunblock on my face....

I'll probably start doing it again soon since I'll be going to Florida in 2 weeks with my bf. I want a base tan before I go.