Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple boss Tim Cook: I’m proud to be gay
I read that on "metro" :

Quote:Apple boss Tim Cook has come out as gay, saying his is ‘proud’ of his sexual orientation.

Publicly acknowledging his sexuality for the first time, he wrote in Businessweek: ‘Let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.’

Steve Jobs’ successor also praised his Apple colleagues, many of whom he says knows he is gay, however ‘it doesn’t seem to make a difference in the way they treat me’.

Despite keeping his private life very guarded until know, the head of Apple previously hit out at his home state of Alabama for it’s stance on LGBT equality, and marched in the San Francisco gay pride parade in June this year.

‘We were too slow on equality on African-Americans. We were too slow on interracial marriage. And we are still too slow on equality for the LBGT community,’ the 53-year-old said.

I have an Iphone and i didn't know for Tim Cook. Shame on me ! I am going to ask at Siri Oink

I'll never buy an apple product now.

Mark told me this when I got up this morning. I think it's great. The more visible we are, the sooner str8's realize that it's a small world after all.

Well....finally.

I think it is nice that he is publicly out now, but it bothers me is that a lot of what he is saying seems so "quotable". Like in months to come I will be seeing this stuff posted on my facebook feed.

I don't get the whole deal with the greatest gift god gave him crap. Doesn't make any sense.

I was thinking today when I heard this how I have always said that being gay was a non issue...and it never really occurred to me that the environment I grew up in helped ALOT.

I remember Jobs from the restaurant I worked in ..the Apple HQ was a couple miles to the right...you could walk there easily... and Hewlett Packard was less than a mile the other way. Alot of the execs were regular customers...Jobs went to HS across the street which was the same HS as my boyfriend. We had a table where some of the morning business/news shows would interview some of these guys over breakfast...they were all pretty cool guys. I suspect it is easy to be gay and rise in these Silicon Valley companies...

What I realized...I never really experienced a lot of homophobia so my non issue approach was entirely possible. The tech crowd never had that homophobic vibe. I never really thought about until I read that today....

Radbot42 Wrote:I don't get the whole deal with the greatest gift god gave him crap. Doesn't make any sense.

I don't know about the "god" part but I do think that I won the sexual identity lottery being gay...I feel lucky.

i don't know who this guy is but i agree with him, in less religious terms. i also find it one of the best things in my life -- my attraction for other men.

I don't get the proud bit either - you are who you are, you can be happy been gay but I don't see been proud...its not like an achievement or something