Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Gay Relationships That Hard to Find?
The secret to finding a relationship is simple...don't look for one.

In the meantime..enjoy and improve upon the relationship you have with yourself because when it does happen..you want to bring your A game to the table...eh?

If it's not about sex, then it's about money.

Sometimes, I feel like I will never be able to find a relationship. Or my time and Mr. Right hasn't come yet. But I haven't lost my hope for love, so who knows?

Guys spend so much time obsessing over trying to FIND Mr. Right. They really should focus on trying to BE Mr. Right. Not that you have to be perfect, but I'm sure there are some areas that could use a little or a lot of polish. Take a dance class. Practice those social skills. Learn to cook a few dishes and desserts. Clean your room!

I've never had a hard time finding gay relationships. Finding a good one, however, is very difficult

it sounds like you are doing everything right. Being open and honest is the best way to be with people including yourself. Relationships are hard to find. Have you tried websites/apps? I have only ever had a handful of relationships that i haven't found online but it is becoming more common in this day and age to find love online. Just cuts out that courtship process which is ashame but have to move with the times. Hope this helps

The struggle is quite real. I'm 23 and I was with my 1st guy when I was 17 (when I came out to myself officially).

Since then, I average about 1 (long term) monogamous relationship every 2 years. That means I've gone through a total of 4 years of my prime without dating a single person / establishing a regular monogamous relationship.

It gets very depressing for me, and at times I also doubt that it's possible I'll ever get in relationship.

I'm not middle aged, but there are thousands of people out there who are dateable according to whatever standards / requirements you have.

The hard part is just finding these people. The best way to increase your chances is being very active on dating apps like OkCupid and Tinder, along with any social networks you may have. For me, I meet one of these people about every two years, and I don't expect it to get any better as I get older (and likely more difficult).

Just keep your head up and keep sending messages.

Well Seth I'd like to say it actually does get easier in your 30s.

Your 20s are a lot about maturing as an adult, getting established in work and with friends, and when dating figuring out what does and doesn't work for you.

As you get into your 30s and you've done the work in your 20s, you are a lot smarter about relationships, you are wiser about who is compatible for you, and you are better able to suss out the character of new people you meet.

This notion of finding a life partner in your early 20s, well it might work for some, but for most gay men this is a time of exploration and learning. These relationships that end in your early 20s are not failures at all. They are a part of living and loving and growing and learning.

My advice is to enjoy your youth and the good times you create with others, whether that be an hour, a day, a few months, or a couple of years.