Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Willing To Move For The Sake Of Love?
Absolutely. If it's right. I'm open to it.

I've done daring do many times after 40. It would be fine to do it for love.

And it wouldn't be done without due consideration.

Why? Because I like meeting new people. Because love is the best reason. Because my siblings aren't worth staying around for. Because I make new friends when I move.

For the right person, I think so.

BrianNorth Wrote:There is a right way and a wrong way to approach such situations. Lets say you meet someone online and there is a huge spark. Don't just pack up and move. Badddd idea.

One scenario that I've seen work is if you live in a place you don't like at all. You meet someone online and they live in a city you'd be interested in living in. If you moved you'd not be placing all your eggs in their basket as it's something you needed to do anyway. It's a win win.

The other scenario is making sure it's a true thing. Vacation there for as long as you possibly can. If you can stay for a month then do it. Integrate into that person's life as much as you can so you are aware of what you are getting if you make the move. I've given similar advice to many many friends including ones that are moving in together. Get as close as you can to moving in together while having different homes. When you do move in together it's a healthy transition and not a massive lifechanger.

[COLOR="Red"]
I agree with this one. Else if you can afford, you can bring your special someone to your place and live with you instead.
[/COLOR]

MultiMultiMultiMultiMulti

To another country? Hmm only if they speak American or that American-like language that one called 'English'...

The U.S.A. is pretty large, I have seriously considered that yes I would be willing to relocate nothing much holds me here in Mirkwood... But with a lot more time and energy put to the whole getting to know you process...

Come to find out that one can't trust people as far as I can throw them. No wait, not even that far....

IF I got to know the person, if we were compatible, if its to place that I don't have to learn a new language to cross the town or something - yeah sure.

I would cross that bridge when I came to it..I don't know really. I use my gut and my instincts heavily to make my decisions so I am not really predictable in some areas..even for myself. I often don't know what I will do until I do it.

I seriously doubt I would do it with someone who I met on the internet only. I do rely on chemistry and body language and a guy's vibe...not sure if that translates well enough for me on the internet.

Of course...how I met my boyfriend of 30 years is really OUT THERE and I probably would have done anything for him so who knows....a definite maybe

I am in love with the San Francisco and Monterey Bay Areas though and I feel like I definitely belong here...I fit in well...I am not really eager to go anywhere else and if this kind of situation occurred I would do my damndest to get him to move here instead. If I wasn't here I would be homesick...

if you're a military spouse, this happens quite often. but that's not what the op asked.

if you've established a genuine connection and the relationship is there, go ahead. maintaining an LDR is extremely difficult.