Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You in Love or Clinically Insane?
I think it might be possible to overthink it too...

I'll throw in the concept of chakras, there are metaphysically seven of them throught the body.

Spiritually, the heart chakra is the 4th, and it will affect, at least it did for me, the functioning of my whole body.

I was on a high there are no words for, man, the first time I fell in love in my early 20s... I'm 50 now.

The danger in that is that old saying, the higher you get the longer you fall

It is beautiful and wonderful man, but my advice would be to remember your own grounding. Don't let someone else tell you who or what you should be.

Live together for 6 months... get the sense of how you click with each other in day to day life... wonder "why does he always fold his napkin like that..." if you get through that for an extended period of time, that's love

imho

if you have a chance, pick up the novel "Giovanni's Room" by James Baldwin.

He was an outstanding writer who wrote this beautiful book about being in love with another guy

I think the other thing to take from this is not to change yourself for someone else. I mean compromise is one thing, changing and getting rid of bad habits. I mean if you pick your nose well people think that's nasty and you should stop.

At the same time I do want a little bit of adventure. Yeah I could stay here in this sleepy little town, and work at my current job for however long and get my retirement in 20 years but sounds pretty boring. I think what I have encountered is probably going to lead me to some great things in life and maybe I'm just on that high you talk about...it is scary but definitely something I see in this guy I can't quite say I have seen in anyone else... It isn't the first time I've felt like this...but perhaps I was 12 stories up the first time and now I'm on the Empire State building. So it is scary, nerve racking, exciting, joyful and all sorts of things.

Speaking of chakras. I have wanted to try meditation but I always have a hard time to really quiet my mind or get comfortable...there doesn't seem to be a guide that really helps on someone like me who is just new to the idea...I heard of it, seen other people do it but I can't get anywhere.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I know that it has been pretty much impossible at times for me to achieve any state of meditation.

I was brought up as a hard core Envangelical Christian, wound up being a Unitarian Universalist

It's not easy for me. We are taught in the West to be in a constant state of competition with each other. I'm not sure how conducive that is to harmony in the long run.

I was able to see the Dalai Lama accept an award in Ann Arbor

the man had such serenity man. and a grin

seems to elude us

I'd say this is some heavy infatuation. On a consensus, love is much more of a slower development. That's just me tho.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Well I guess I'm just a mess... I kind of wish it didn't hit me quite this hard...

I know this isn't love this is just...I don't know what it is but it isn't me. I mean I like being nice.. but I'm probably about to fuck this up by being in this state...

Really messes with your logic... no matter how rational you may be, but I seem to be falling for the same trap...

Fuck an a...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Chances are, the other guy might be infatuated with you too (I hope), just be cool about it and enjoy it while it last. Smile

It would be nice to a Vulcan right now lol

He might be? I don't know, I mean I know he knows I'm kind of coo coo for him. I mean he likes me enough to keep talking to me and hanging out and dating and so forth.

The interesting thing is he visits GS occasionally as a guest. What I failed to realize, in part to me having ran a forum using phpBB, was that all the threads/posts are public... Well long story short he looked at the "Asses" thread and saw where I put that I wanted to grab his butt lol which he thought was funny I guess...and yes I considered it fair warning Tongue
Check out my stuff!

we just like the chemical reactions associated with the feeling of love. dopamine for example