Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are curvy women into skinny girls ?
I''m a skinny girl that likes skinny and curvy girls and I've heard that curvy women don't like skinny girls that much T_T but I'm sexually attracted to women that are curvy . The type of women curvy women like have body like Sofia Vergara, Christina Hendricks and Jennifer tilly . How do I let curvy women know i"m into them , there is even a curvy woman at my job that i have the hots for but I don't know if she's bi , lesbian or straight . I think she's straight because but I don't know but she likes to gossip a lot so and is not nice to others . I don't know Turtle

The answer to any "are people who look like x attracted to people who look like y" question is going to be "it depends". Some curvy women will be attracted to skinny women and others won't. It may sound really unhelpful but it's the only real answer that can be given Smile

I might try to add that if you are spending your time speculating such is it preventing you engaging in more productive activity that will target your desires more effectively?

In general, crushing on someone you don't know well enough to say they are straight, gay or bi is just lustful perving. Taking action to get to know someone so you can determine if your crushing is a waste of time makes better sense.

I have always been skinny and into curvier typed people. As I've gotten older and heavier the dynamic has become less and less even a concern, desire or issue. I try to convince my daughter all the time that she should not be trying to identify those she "might" be interested only because they "look" like what she might be attracted to. All that effort is just a guise to avoid being more effectively proactive in actually connecting with someone to find out for sure! Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Do redheads like rock & roll? Do Asians like walnuts?

Lol, come on Melody, you know this is a ridiculous question.

swalter Wrote:Do redheads like rock & roll? Do Asians like walnuts?

Lol, come on Melody, you know this is a ridiculous question.

LaughLaughLaugh I'm a rock loving blonde and I prefer chin nuts. LaughLaughLaugh
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Typically No... but that doesn't apply to all. That is just the majority - as you have thus far discovered.

I'm cursed to forever run on the lean side - but I'm into 'well padded' gentlemen, especially those with muscle underneath and hairy bodies (ok yeah, bears).

There is a general leaning toward likes preferring likes. Thus bears tend to prefer bears, or cubs - wolves prefer wolves or pups... Body builders tend to be attracted to body-builders. Mind I'm using the male side here, but it also applies to women-folk.

I think half of this is due to 'societal norms'. EXAMPLE: while many are interested in interracial partnerships and most likely have no problem with a person of another race, society still makes it clear that pursing such a relationship is 'wrong'. This sort of subtle programming affects how we view 'other' and 'different' in many other ways.

IDK about lesbians, I do know that for gays there are specialty bars/clubs that cater to subgroups such as leather bars, bear bars and the like. I know from my own experiences that twinks are found in bear bars, perhaps not in the numbers they are found in main-stream bars, but they are there and seem to have a decent amount of luck (or way too much hope perhaps) to keep coming back.

My own personal history of relationships has demonstrated to me that there are men who are into what I have to offer, the three first mates I had were decidedly bearish and had no problem being with my unfortunate slender/boyish self.

I think it may be harder to find what you seek, but not wholly impossible.

As for meeting people in real life who you are interested in, especially in scenes where there is doubt as to what their sexuality is.... its always best to pursue a friendship first - get to know the person a little, then ask LGBT related questions, such as their take on the recent over turning of the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy of American Military, or the more recent battles for equality of gay marriage.

I'm uncertain about job politics. It usually tends to be that dating your coworkers doesn't end well. However my first was also a co-worker and we had no problems... it actually ended well - at least the relationship thing while being coworkers....

His approach to me was to express honest interest in at least friendship. He never actually hid his attraction. While I was in the closet back then (to the point where I deluded myself into thinking I was a natural celibate) I wasn't anti-gay thus a few well placed questions he asked me before revealing his evil nature :tongue: convinced him that I was worth pursuing.

There has been more recent research using OK cupid data that has revealed that differences appear to be far more widely accepted - however there is a reluctance (fear of rejection, fear of what society/peers will think) that keeps that damned wall up.

If you can get around that wall, you most likely will find that more people are accepting of who and what you are as a potential mate than first appearances/meetings would lead you to believe.