Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are men only attracted to other men of similar body type?
Hey guys, stupid question, but one I've been pondering for a little bit. When I look around the web or on apps, guys tend to be searching for guys similar in build to themselves. Muscley guys tend to want other muscular types, bears tend to want other bears, etc. It's not universal, but it's something I notice.

Also, couples at bars tend to be made up of guys of similar build, height, amount of body hair, race, etc. I rarely if ever see a really tall guy with someone shorter, or someone hairy with someone smooth, bulkier with skinnier, and so forth.

Is anyone out there in a relationship with someone who's physical stature is different than your own?

I tend to be attracted to guys with a little bit of a build - not muscular, per se, just, you know, broad-shouldered and with something to hold on to, heh. *blush* I, on the other hand, am tallish, slenderish, and while in pretty good shape, not muscular or broad. While I love these characteristics about myself, I tend to not be as strongly attracted to others of similar build. I dunno; I like physical dynamics in a relationship, it makes things more interesting to me.

Is it possible for a tall slender guy like me to find my broader, thicker knight in shining armor? Or does body shape lock you in to dating only someone of similar build?

I wouldn't mind a guy with a different build, but if I had to choose then I would have the same taste in guys as you, which happens to be the same type of build I am so I guess that proves your point :p
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Yeah, it is RARE that I see any two guys together that are not very similar.

I still have not figured out the "thinking" behind this in gay culture. The only conclusion I have come up with so far, is that they are too scared to have someone different from them....they need a clone of themselves, they cant handle a completely different person.

Personally, I would not want anybody like me. I mean, yeah, similar interests are ok, but thats about it. Gawd, I'd be bored outta my mind dating myself!!

Hmmm, maybe thats why they is all whores? They get bored after a couple of months, because they are pretty much dating themselves and have gotten bored with themselves?

Hmmm, interesting concept.

No, I don't think so. To use a personal example, I'm not really attracted to people with the exact same body type as myself at all, and found a match. Given: I'm not horribly picky, but I don't think I am unique in what I like, and that means it there's no reason anyone else can't find a potential person either, regardless of whether their body types match. Obviously, the more specific and picky you are, the more difficult it's going to be... but at no point is it impossible.

I notice a lot of guys are into guys that look like themselves, but a lot of guys are also into guys that don't look like themselves. There's a mix. Also, I don't think it even has a lot to do with what their body type is... for example, someone that is into skinny men might be said to like men like himself while he is skinny , but if he becomes rather large through poor/deliberate diet and muscle building, he will no longer like men like himself as he will be physically different. I don't think body types a person has, and the body type a person likes, are necessarily connected.

So I think I would focus on the fact that it is possible for you to find someone, rather than that it might be more difficult...since it is possible.

Come to think of it, I don't believe that "mixed" couples probably don't go out into public (gay) places unless they have too.

Thats one of the double standards that exist in gay culture. You can have a relationship, as long as they "match" each other. Those who are opposite matches get frowned at and made fun of.....so I doubt they go out to the "gay" areas much.

There's definitely no rule that like attracts like. Some twinks are into twinks, but many are also into bears. If your primary exposure to other gays is at gay bars and clubs, you might get the idea that everyone is attracted to their own body types, but I assure you that it's not always, or even most often the case.

That's really true. I never see two guys who look more different than similar as a couple. I'm average build myself with some baby fat and I'm pretty open to any build and race.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Thats one of the double standards that exist in gay culture. You can have a relationship, as long as they "match" each other. Those who are opposite matches get frowned at and made fun of.....so I doubt they go out to the "gay" areas much.

Wait, so a culture that is literally built on the idea of accepting differences can't accept that some people are... ... ... different?

Excuse me.

Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs Computerprobs

I think I broke my laptop again.

Also:

I think the gay culture looks really silly frowning like that, and that we all have better things to worry about.

When you find the perfect boyfriend, make sure you don't care one bit what some random people think Drew... Xyxthumbs

Hate how picky some guys are. Jesus.

Don't apply in my case, I've been attracted to guys a little chubbier, guys fitter, guys taller guys smaller and a various ranges of race, age and color.