Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any gay symbols
I mean discrete symbols identifying somebody as being gay to signal to other gay people, like a ring or article of clothing in the same way gangs use bandanas and tattoos?

There used to be 'codes' used back in the days before decriminalising homosexuality, and that varied from region to region and involved such things as a certain coloured handkerchief in a certain pocket, wrist bands and even a specific language/code words.

You don't ever hear of it today, I certaily haven't herd anything that may be a descrete sign of sexuality in a long time, but there may still be some practices for people who remain closeted for what ever reason.

I do not know if this happens today but one ear ring in a specific ear. i forget which one.

Now that you mention it, so many kids a t school were careful not to pierce the "gay ear" this was during the 90's, I never had pierced ears though I thought they were for women and pirates.

JohnMusic Wrote:I do not know if this happens today but one ear ring in a specific ear. i forget which one.

right ear is the gay ear

deephiance Wrote:right ear is the gay ear

Thank you kind person. Smile

From Wikipedia:
"In the early 1970s, in the wake of the Stonewall Rebellion, New York City's Gay Activists Alliance selected the Greek letter lambda as its emblem. Because of its militant associations, the lambda symbol has spread throughout the world. It sometimes appears in the form of an amulet hung round the neck as a subtle sign of recognition which can pass among unknowing heterosexuals as a mere ornament.

Lambda jewelry is still worn as a symbol. You have to hunt around a bit to find it in plain metal, as a lot of it is rainbow hued.

https://www.amazon.com/Lambda-Pendant-St...B005KT3S8M I found this lambda pennant on Amazon.

That being said, because so much of it is plated with rainbow colored enamel, I can't guarantee that anyone will see plain metal ones for what they are. I'm not even sure if many younger gay guys realize what it is. But it's the only thing I can think of that might be discreet.

I was looking at some ads for LGBT jewelry and my head is still reeling. I saw this rectangular pendant, rainbow hued, with the message, "I love cock".........lol I may be out, but I'm for sure not that far out.......

[MENTION=24108]Doc[/MENTION], I just noticed that the one on Amazon is out of stock - but at least it gives you an idea what you'd be looking for, maybe you can Google it.

Thanks Gem, Im not looking for a secret gay symbol I was just curious as to the history of them, if I get one I was thinking to create my own, a silver Kangaroo pinned to a green tie or something.

There was a gay rebellion?

deephiance Wrote:right ear is the gay ear

I hate to break it to you guys: both ears were/are gay. Left just meant he was sexually a top, and right meant he was a bottom.

By the way, piercing your ears is gay, no matter how you do it, with what, when, or why.
''Do I look civilized to you?''