Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any other gay men who listen to metal?
I like a lot of metal from the 80s. Twisted Sister is my favorite lol. I like Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Lita Ford, and a lot of others too numerous to list.

Godsmack, Metalica. Great work out bands.

Disclaimer: I'm a lesbian.

80s metal was fun, though I didn't personally get that familiar with it until I started watching vids on YT this century (though I did argue an incompetent history teacher back in high school of 1998 because I'd heard Alexander the Great several times by a Maiden fan I was close to at the time). I found many of the vids fun and I laughed myself to tears thinking of the fundies that had fits over it and mistaking their hamming it up for sincere rebellion against all that was holy in service to Satan (and some of it was quite brilliant in an insightful way as well). I've thought about it and decided that getting filthy rich by trolling fundies (and giving kids the tools and support group via fellow fans to say "to hell with you" to such people) would've been my dream job. :tongue:

I didn't understand why the metalheads tended to be antigay back then because they seemed such gender benders, even some of the more macho ones put on more makeup than me. But as explained to me here at GS they were exploiting the homophobia of the time rather than fighting it, that is it was just more trolling.

And that said, I'm really posting to share this:

Yes, I listen to metal, death metal mostly. I know so not gay LOL but, Dimmu Borgir rocks. Smile

I listen to Rammstein and Metallica.

I like the stuff Richard Kruspe (Rammstein) released independently as Emigrate.

Emigrate - Babe

Love this, Pix.

I saw this before and was totally amazed by this man. haha

While the 80's and 90's were littered with great metal, I'm still a punk and a 70's music fan. Everything good about music today came from innovations in the 70's. Think Sex Pistols, Kiss, David Bowie, Iggy Pop and the list of innovators that started the punk and metal cultures came from there goes on.

Yep I listen to metal...as well as pop, techno, rock, and country...
Oh and 80's music in general is good stuff Smile

I've never really gotten too deep into metal, but I used to listen to Iron Maiden and Metallica and dug some of what I guess is considered 'progressive' metal like Tool, Opeth, and more recent albums by Porcupine Tree. Nowadays it's mainly limited to Mastodon and Megadeth's Rust in Peace album, which is still a favorite even though I don't like much else by them (and it has to be the original non-remastered version, sounds much better). For 'heavy' and 'progressive', give me some mid-70s King Crimson please. :biggrin:

My sister is the "headbanger" in the family.......Im more of a techno, disco, trance nut.

Although I do like some gothic/grunge metal sometimes.

I have most of Staic X's cd's..............

Love Static X.

(sorry, the video link isnt working for me)

Plus, Wayne Static is SO FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!
Mmmmmmm, gimme gimme some of that!!!
[Image: waynestatic.jpg]