Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you a "Fashionista"?
Are you a fahionista?

Do you spend hours putting together the "right" outfit, just to get groceries?
Do you spend hours plucking and pulling and "sculpting" yourself before you go out everyday?
Do your outfits HAVE to be perfect before you even open your front door?
Do you have to have "name brands" and designer "labels"?

In other words, do you have to be scrubbed, primped, plucked, moussed, sprayed, coiffed, and made "runway worthy" before you ever leave your residence?

[Image: Dental-fashion-Basic-rules-for-business-casual.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKkblmxD5QpP7GmawnkLw...pqdPGfGcGG]
[Image: WomenFashionistaCroppedSmall_medium.jpeg]

At my age,,,,, I have to scrub, primp, pluck, mousse, spray, coif, and dress to the high tens...... Because this body is getting old and wrinkly and needs all the help it can get. I can't dazzle the populace when I look like a bag-lady on a street corner,,, and I want my husband to be proud to have a smartly dressed, well groomed fella walking beside him.

It also helps me feel better about myself, when I know I've done my best to look presentable.

When I go out,,,I want to look like a gentleman,,, OK - a wrinkled, weathered, green skinned human that otherwise looks like a gentleman.
We Have Elvis !!

Its nice to make an effort of your appearence, it says a lot and its the first impression people have of you, if we all looked nice the world would look prettier, I love the style of days gone by, tailored suits, hats, military uniforms, shoe, waistcoats, boots etc, I'd of loved that

I couldn't give a solitary fuck about brand names, I couldn't be more different than people who do, I think there fools! Especially if its just a plain item with a name on it, there just kinda like sheep, with no natural eye for colour, pattern, style, its just empty vessel, doesnt impress me so that didnt really work out for you did it pal! Go and try an impress someone else with your calvin klein shit.

Last year some time i was made to look like an idiot because i didnt know what brand some symbol meant, they were amazed i didnt know, even more so when they told me and i still didnt know, afterwards i was pleased i wasnt like them.

eeemmmm......no....I do care about looking professional for work or to dress up when I have too but if given the choice I would have presented my thesis in undies....seriously

southbiochem Wrote:eeemmmm......no....I do care about looking professional for work or to dress up when I have too but if given the choice I would have presented my thesis in undies....seriously

Hmm, wonder who voted the undies option ???

tavi Wrote:Hmm, wonder who voted the undies option ???

I could not guess in a million years

Unlike the high-class Joker we all know and love, I just can't get myself into anything but jeans. I'm just not a dressy guy.

No. Not a fashionista. I dress pretty much like a skater kid still.

I think much too much energy is expended by worrying about what you look like in this world. People are judged by fashion, or lack of. It's not that I do not like nice clothes (I do), I just do not give it much attention.

I like fashions from the past: Victorian Era, 1920's, 1940's.

I am sort of a fashionista, although it does not take me that long to get ready at all. lol

Dont you bash me Tinks, but I love me some Uni-Sex clothes gurl .

Ugh, a fab pair of straight jeans, open v neck fitted shirt with a neutral pattern/color scheme and a pair of hot steppas blessing all of my 9 1/2 inch feeties, rocking nothing but badass gorgeous pon days of stunning and to add pomp to the circumstance, I compliment with a nice Tam or Dread Bands to complete the look.

Ooo getting a rush lol.

I mean, I'm not a Fashionista per se, but I do like getting dolled up. Not if I'm just going to the store, but if imma be out and about imma need to press nice enuh. Just no other way.

We all do here. I think it might be a Carib thing. Although I notice the French can dress very nicely too.

Ugh, I just love dressing up. Been doing it since forevers lol.

Im-blushing-smiley