Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you addicted to your smarphone or tablet?
Apparently it can far reaching negative effects:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scien...uters.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Sort of addicted to my computer I suppose.

I use it for research, homework, gayspeak, buying things, selling things, banking, literally everything.

My smart phone I use mostly to talk to my boyfriend, looking things up when I need something in a strange place, keep myself from getting lost... unfortunately, I'm always letting it die because I forget about it.

I don't really have sleep issues though. Before bed I take melatonin because school + work makes it so I can't have a sleep cycle, and melatonin helps to artificially create one.

I do have a self imposed rule, which is that my laptop can never, ever be on my bed. Ever. Because I'll wake myself up using it if it's on my bed.

I can't pretend that I didn't use to have a lot of trouble sleeping though before keeping my laptop away, and the melatonin.

It would be a nuisance to not have mine, but I can live without it.

When I see people who are literally "glued" to these devices, I immediately think "OMG, these poor, pathetic people have no lives".

Woollyhats Wrote:Sort of addicted to my computer I suppose.

I use it for research, homework, gayspeak, buying things, selling things, banking, literally everything.

I don't really have sleep issues though. Before bed I take melatonin because school + work makes it so I can't have a sleep cycle, and melatonin helps to artificially create one.

I can't pretend that I didn't use to have a lot of trouble sleeping though.

I use mine for all these things too, but we use it as a tool, not an extension of part of our bodies....like all those mindless drones do. We do not go into withdrawal if we dont have it 24/7.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I use mine for all these things too, but we use it as a tool, not an extension of part of our bodies....like all those mindless drones do. We do not go into withdrawal if we dont have it 24/7.

Agreed. One of the things that irritates me are the idiots who walk along, heads down, texting at the same time. Sometime I just stand still and let them bump in to me. Why the hell should I move?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Agreed. One of the things that irritates me are the idiots who walk along, heads down, texting at the same time. Sometime I just stand still and let them bump in to me. Why the hell should I move?

I have to admit......ONCE in a while (rarely) I catch myself doing this.....but then I pull over to a corner or wall and stop and finish my phone convo.......then I start walking again.

I have not run into anyone..........yet...........I will be embarrassed if I ever do!

LONDONER Wrote:Agreed. One of the things that irritates me are the idiots who walk along, heads down, texting at the same time. Sometime I just stand still and let them bump in to me. Why the hell should I move?

Agree with you completely,i only use mine as a tool as well.

Not addicted to any mobile etc, but I'm definitely addicted to my computer, since many years.
I use my mac for everything. Sometimes even when I have to meet some friend I use Skype or a social-chat etc instead of a phone calling.
I "organize" my entire life with the pc, I'm not proud to say that I don't write more than few words with a pen since months. Not the same for the Art, I don't prefer digital drawing/painting.

On another hand I don't like use the pc when I'm with others, cause it takes my concentration, so generally I switch it off.
Something that I hate is when I'm in a bar, a club, restaurant or blahblah talking with someone and those people are playing or chatting with their mobile... I mean an sms or a call is ok and normal, but If you're supposed of spending your time with me... If you prefer your tablet, ok, it's ok, I have a loads of friends to see and things to do...

I do not have a tablet or a smart phone. I'm currently using a desktop and I predominately use it for coming here and playing games when bored.... Since I don't watch much TV and the sun insists on going down and rain falls thus stymieing my ability to be outside doing 'something'....

I'm currently playing Empire Earth - to me its a new game....But it came out in 2001... I just discovered it this past winter.... So....

i can't live without it. It's make me feel secure.