Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you afraid of heights?
Ok I am OKAY with heights in general...but even this video has me feeling light-headed...

The "climb" starts at the 1:00 mark. There are parts where the worker doesn't even use safety lines and just "free climbs".

I'm glad I don't have this dude's job.

^ My legs turn to jello even thinking about watching that.

dynamodean Wrote:Ok I am OKAY with heights in general...but even this video has me feeling light-headed...

The "climb" starts at the 1:00 mark. There are parts where the worker doesn't even use safety lines and just "free climbs".

I'm glad I don't have this dude's job.

EEK! I can't even imagine what it would take to do that job. Whatever it is..I don't have it.

East Wrote:Yeah...I dislike heights but I love rollercoasters...nor problem there....

I am cool with airplanes as well.

THIS scares the crap out of me...I would probably freeze and freak out if I ever did this....

LOL. I am the same exact way when it comes to heights and Roller Coasters. It never makes sense to anyone but I can't really explain it. I am a little scared on a Roller Coaster initially but it goes away when the ride gets going.

I went to the Grand Canyon, but I didn't go there. It was absolutely gorgeous but I was afraid to go near the rails.

I was afraid of heights until I joined the army but I still get dizzy on roller coasters lol.

Virge Wrote:After the marines I took up skydiving in 2010, went through classes and did a tandem jump harnessed to a guy with about 5 seconds of fear before the adrenalin kicked in and was ready for my solo before we touched down.

I'll be back at it next summer... and Jay has said he's going to try it with me.

hmmm, if by ''trying'' you mean you two are gonna be fucking each other mid-air in free fall, then yup, i want to try that too. it's been on my to-do list for ages now. i gotta find a partner to do it with...

and no, i am not afraid of the heights. i went to flight school for fuck's sake. i seek out the heights not avoid them.

(and yeah i climbed trees a lot as a kid too, but i'm not sure if that has anything to do with this...)

Yes, big time! I love going up in tall buildings but have a fear of heights. FIgure that one out.

regarding the transmission tower climb video:

wow!! i wanna do this! (without pulling that 30 pound weight behind me of course). i want to experience this thing. that is awesome. the transition spots are tricky, getting down you gotta be very careful, but the rest, -- the feeling of standing there as high as that....that would be worth it. you can't get this experience in a plane or in a helicopter. this is something totally different. i'm gonna do this. thanks for posting it.

PS. he did have a safety line for when he wanted to take a rest.

I used to be a lot worse. Anything above a foot or two and I'd get shakey. I do get that sensation when seeing the people that climb super high buildings and video it. Sooo squeamish.