Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you body concious?
Do you compare yourself to men you see in magazines? If you do then take heart. What you see is almost always artificial.

Men watch themselves get Photoshopped to the same standards as women:

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Really interesting, [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION], as usual, coming from you. Thanks.

princealbertofb Wrote:Really interesting, [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION], as usual, coming from you. Thanks.

Thanks @PrinceAlberto. I thought it was an appropriate post given how many time we see guys posting on here worried about their body image. Far too many people are fooled in to thinking that what they see in the press, TV and films is actually true when in fact it's far from the case. That video just goes to prove it.

I'm new to this forums so I don't know about these threads, but overall in the gay community everyone tries to get their bodies in the shape it's sold by the media, or at least close to it, because when you don't have that body you're also not as attractive.

It's impressive how many guys I've seen in these hook up apps with their hot body as their profile picture, and they want your body to be just like theirs. I've seen many descriptions like "if you don't take care of your body, don't even bother talking to me". Because if you're not "in shape", then you're not good enough. You may have the prettiest face in the world, if you're fat or too thin, they will look you down. Also, if you take a look at these pool parties, dude they're all THE SAME. Same clothes, same body, same hair, same sunglasses. It's boring. But it's "the norm".

So I think when the people here (or anywhere) are worried about their bodies the reason may not be to get close to these models and actors, but to be more accepted by other gays. Truth be told, if you're fat you don't have too many people glancing over you. But if you have a "nice body", they are all over it.

As for being body conscious, I think everyone should be. I mean, you don't have to work out your ass off just so you can have that body everyone wants, but you should take care of it, by exercising and eating the healthiest possible; appearance could be just one of the reasons, not the only one.

I have become health conscious, I watch what I eat and exercise 4-5 times a week not to have a great body but because I'm close to having high blood pressure and cholesterol. plus most of my family never took care of their bodies and have a ton a health problems, and I'm not sure if I'm the only person that thinks about it this way(I'm cheap), but all the doctor visits and prescriptions can cost a ton of money over the years.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

@Haerts and [MENTION=13830]ceez[/MENTION], you're both going slightly off topic here. I'm not saying that you shouldn't take care of yourselves, the point of the vidseo is that you should not base your aspirations on the guys you see in magazines and in videos. Those are in many respects "artificial", the products of Photoshopping as was clearly demonstrated.

I read somewhere lately that there is progress on invisibility cloaking. Maybe the photoshop folks and the cloaking folks could get together so that we could walk down the street looking like perfect specimens. The reveal would come at touch time. Be sure to be good and drunk by then.

Getting pretty complicated to be human., isn't it?
I bid NO Trump!

I agree, the sad thing is for me is that I used to do Photoshop designing, so now when I see people take natural pictures of them self all I can see is their imperfections that can be improved on. I rarely take natural pictures of myself nd I find it quite hard to accept them.

Thundanton Wrote:I agree, the sad thing is for me is that I used to do Photoshop designing, so now when I see people take natural pictures of them self all I can see is their imperfections that can be improved on. I rarely take natural pictures of myself nd I find it quite hard to accept them.

Well, one thing I can guarantee 100%; the photo in my profile is 100% me unretouched!

I am tremendously insecure about my body, even though I'm told and try to accept there's nothing wrong with my appearance. Yeah seeing how other guys look definitely makes it harder for me.