Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you gullible enough to fall for a SCAM?
LONDONER Wrote:Good passwords are always alphanumeric, i.e., a mixture of letters and numbers and made more difficult still if you substitute some letters for numbers so that and "o" could become a "0", "2" could be used instead of a "z". You get my drift.

i'm gonna give you some advice. the 0=o and 2=z have been known to hackers for a long time, because they are used a lot. such substitutions are already in their algorithms and are easily cracked. the way hackers crack passwords is by entering whole dictionaries of words into their database, along with names, date formats, and common substitutions such as z=2.

now the advice part: develop your own personal primer for passwords. do not use predictable substitutions like 2=z. instead, substitute a for a t (but not in reverse) for example, or always capitalize certain letters, use characters such as ( ^ + and use them in the middle of a particular word, not at the end or between words where they are expected. using foreign words is ever better, and using words from two or more different languages ups the security even more.

the length of the password is directly proportional to its security. a password approaching and exceeding 20 characters will take centuries to crack.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:i'm gonna give you some advice. the 0=o and 2=z have been known to hackers for a long time, because they are used a lot. such substitutions are already in their algorithms and are easily cracked. the way hackers crack passwords is by entering whole dictionaries of words into their database, along with names, date formats, and common substitutions such as z=2.

now the advice part: develop your own personal primer for passwords. do not use predictable substitutions like 2=z. instead, substitute a for a t (but not in reverse) for example, or always capitalize certain letters, use characters such as ( ^ + and use them in the middle of a particular word, not at the end or between words where they are expected. using foreign words is ever better, and using words from two or more different languages ups the security even more.

the length of the password is directly proportional to its security. a password approaching and exceeding 20 characters will take centuries to crack.

Thanks. Sound advice. I was just giving examples of what I knew. You're more advanced that I. Still, according to that link I gave, my passwords would take millions of years to crack. I use a Spanish keyboard so a lot of the symbols I use are not readily available on a normal English one. I'm not saying that they are not available, just not readily available.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

lol, scams, I delete, all spams, and hangup to any voice I don't know, especially if I don't understand a word the person is saying or if they pronounce my name totally wrong... any one quit to close a deal or take money from me is a no go!