Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you scientifically literate?
Most of my answers were lucky guesswes and had it not been for the choices offered my results would have been far worse. Now someone find a quiz relating to the arts and I'd probably do much better.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

36 Correct
14 Wrong
You answered 36 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 72%.

Meh, sounds about right, maybe just slightly too high.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

44% -.-

Ug no know physics!

meridannight Wrote:i'd forgotten the value of e

I had a Russian teacher (as in a teacher who is Russian rather than a teacher of Russian) a few years ago (I have him this year, too, but this tale is from two years ago) who told us his way of remembering the value of e to 10 significant figures (or maybe it was the first 10 digits, which may not be the same thing - I can't remember). It starts 2.7, and then the next 8 digits are 18281828. He said that Tolstoy was born in 1828 and that's how he remembers. For me, this story has double significance because I never knew nor cared what year Tolstoy was born in. It's kind of redundant since you don't need to remember the value of e. This isn't a very helpful story but I like sharing it.

[Image: e7a9385f739a51dbbee9badd4857b79d.jpg]

I quessed couple of them - no clue about the right answers but quessed them right, apparently. And the test was easy to me because of my profession.

This was the tricky one:
[Image: 8b0b43a0d2fa58933b5211e976287e80.jpg]

Momentum vs kinetic energy. Both are defined by object's mass and velocity.

Sent from iPhone 6S+

mrex Wrote:Momentum vs kinetic energy. Both are defined by object's mass and velocity.

Not quite - kinetic energy is = 0.5 * mass * velocity squared

Edit - Oh I note you wrote "and", not "times"