Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas weather is pissing me off
Arkansas is generally below the "winter battle ground" area. However, this year it's in the middle of it and I hate that. I miss the predictability of Minnesota's continental climate as opposed to the schizophrenic highs and lows of Arkansas's subtropical climate.

I am a black and white thinker. If it's going to be cold, I want it to be consistently cold for the entire winter. I dislike this unpredictability.

I was going to say to watch the weather channel for increased predictability, but then I realized what I was saying.

I want to be able to know what it's going to be like in 3 weeks. In Minnesota, you know it's going to be below freezing. But here, you have no clue. It could be 70 or it could be 20.

And you wonder why everyone hates the place.......

There's always Texas. In most of the state, it's 95 every day from mid-May to mid-September.

Arkansas weather is pissing me off

Well, as the saying goes..........

Better to be pissed OFF, than to be pissed ON!!!!
(unless you are into that kind of thing)

So this obsessing about Arkansas was based on the mythologies of the south, not on hard cold facts - as I tried to point out what 2 months ago?

One thing you can't depend on is predictability in the long term. Sorry, even if you live in a place known for its predictably seasons, the reality is that the whole world is undergoing this process called 'Climate Change' which is having a minor effect on how weather is devolving into chaos.

Climate change is worsening, not getting better, and if half of the predictions are true, your generation is going to have to suffer the consequences of the past 300 years of industrialization.

Life is not black and white, and its definitely not predictable - no matter how careful YOU are to stick to a schedule, to surround yourself with stagnation, other people, weather, politics, the very heavens conspire to make change.

Yes I get the need for routine/simple black and white answers, predictability. I absolutely positively hate change of any sort - but I have learned how to deal with it and how to hunker down on the bottom of my tub in the shower bawling my eye balls out when it gets too stressful and keeping my issues to myself.

You need to work on getting some sort of coping mechanisms, and learning how to compromise between your 'wants' and the realities of life. The longer you go without trying to find the middle ground here the worse this gets.

Worse as in drinking, drug use, attempts at suicide and many other self destructive behaviors which will do far more damage to you than the changes that life will throw at you.

Does no one ever consider that the weather has been around before us and that we moved into it and not vice versa?

It pisses you off, but its been doing its thing long before we were here and it will long after we've gone.

Its kinda funny gurl, maybe you're actually pissing off the weather? Rofl

Why don't you go and live in Greenland then?

OMG.
I LOVE SCHIZOPHRENIC WEATHER!!!
NZL is good for that shiz. One Sec it's all like la la la I'm summer and then BOOM winter. The ground is white with hail in the middle of summer. And you can go swimming in the middle of winter.... Fucken Polar Plunge not doing that again!