Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artists
Is there anyone around who expresses themselves with art?

Visual art

Tactile art

Written art (my area)

Audible art

Other (anything I missed)

I am interested to know anyone with a foot (or a toe) invested in any of these areas. I hope in this thread I could see things shared and ideas exchanged.

Okay, today my therapist told me to stop being shy about saying what I'm good at so this is my opportunity... I'm quite talented at many types of art. Drawing, singing, various instruments, writing, decorating Chinese/Korean calligraphy, and medicine (which I see as an art). I'm someone who needs to create to feel at peace.

I don't really share things online because it is too easy for it to circulate and what I do is extraordinarily personal to me. When I become a doctor, healing is that one thing I'll share between myself and my patients.

Well, I have both arms invested in visual art (my sig has a painting I just did of myself - though that only happened because I had to) while my fingers love typing up stuff and some would call it written art, but that's mostly dabbling for the most part.

I saw my ADA counselor yesterday and she's pretty sure I use art as an outlet for the voice I barely use. I can see that.

wayward Wrote:Is there anyone around who expresses themselves with art?

Visual art

Tactile art

Written art (my area)

Audible art

Other (anything I missed)

I am interested to know anyone with a foot (or a toe) invested in any of these areas. I hope in this thread I could see things shared and ideas exchanged.

There is an entire section for this on GS. Smile
Just scroll down from the main screen and near the bottom.
There are several artists on GS. Monalisa
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Uneunsae Wrote:Okay, today my therapist told me to stop being shy about saying what I'm good at so this is my opportunity... I'm quite talented at many types of art. Drawing, singing, various instruments, writing, decorating Chinese/Korean calligraphy, and medicine (which I see as an art). I'm someone who needs to create to feel at peace.

I don't really share things online because it is too easy for it to circulate and what I do is extraordinarily personal to me. When I become a doctor, healing is that one thing I'll share between myself and my patients.

I find this impressive, Uneusae

I personally in recent time have encountered writer's block, and I think interacting with people might open me up. I feel compelled to share a piece I wrote a month or so back. Unsure of this being wise, I will look for the file in which it is saved. Another note, is it forbidden on this forum to share Facebook url links? I have most of my art recorded on an app therein. If this message is subject to approval, I guess I will have an answer.

Thank you. What do you like to write?

I mostly write poetic prose. It tends to reflect my mood, usually pensive/somber, but there are rare times when I can be upbeat. As a non related statement, there is a requirement for a user to make ten posts before private messages can be sent. When I meet that requirement, I wouldn't mind getting to know you a little better, Uneunsae.

Wonderful! I used to write a lot more but for the past few years, I can't seem to produce anything. I think it's stress. I like poetry; that's what I used to do as well, along with erotic short stories. Back before email, I enjoyed writing long 20 page letters to people very far away.

Absolutely

Visual art -- Photography, Jewelry Design

Tactile art -- Jewelry Design

Audible art -- I play acoustic guitar and cello (by ear... I never learned to read music)

Written art -- Creative Writing in the form of Interactive Roleplay

I also dabble in a lot of different creative endeavors as they catch my interest. But those above are my main ones.

Like Uneunsae, I'm someone who needs a good deal of creativity in my life to feel complete and fulfilled.