Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artists
That's so nice; cello is something I always wanted to play. My painful wrists would not allow me to continue with violin. I think maybe the positioning of cello would be easier, but I'm not sure. I really want to learn haegum, but again, the wrist will probably be an issue unless I find a good teacher to help me deal with this.

Uneunsae Wrote:That's so nice; cello is something I always wanted to play. My painful wrists would not allow me to continue with violin. I think maybe the positioning of cello would be easier, but I'm not sure. I really want to learn haegum, but again, the wrist will probably be an issue unless I find a good teacher to help me deal with this.

My sister plays the cello, violin, and piano (and unlike me, she -can- read music as well as compose). It was where I learned the cello, mostly because I liked the sound of it so much that I wanted to be able to produce those sounds on my own.

I have been playing piano for 39 years and playing guitar for 35. About two years ago i switched to fingerpicking. Im not very good at piano.

nullnaught Wrote:I have been playing piano for 39 years and playing guitar for 35. About two years ago i switched to fingerpicking. Im not very good at piano.

You must be kidding... 39 years playing piano isn't nothing. Don't tell me you haven't learned anything in 39 years I'll be so darn appalled lol.

Here is a poem I wrote inspired by a foreign film of the same title

Out in the Dark

Written April 23, 2014

The darkest realms aghast, agape, for all who look, to see. But few who look and few to know this sincere misery. In quiet sufferance we plod and hope stars grow not dim: each a life yet unknown, and brother to this whim.
Blackbat

I'm real good at hiding the bodies, which is an artform.... Wink

I played music, painted - both houses and pictures. I write and sing and other crap. all artsy fartsy fag boy if allowed to be myself.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I'm real good at hiding the bodies, which is an artform.... Wink

I played music, painted - both houses and pictures. I write and sing and other crap. all artsy fartsy fag boy if allowed to be myself.

It never occurred to be before now....
I guess it's more politically correct to hide them rather than recycle or preserve them for later enjoyment....

I enjoy singing and playing guitar etc --- primarily for my own fun and my dogs as well.... They love to sing along more than any humans I know.

Where I live you can't get through school without learning this Whitman poem.... I've always liked it.

I write quite a lot of weird, mad poetry which I primarily use as a vehicle of release for pent up emotions, so much of it is quite dark when I look through them as it tends to just gush out of me in a torrent of intensity.
If I actually try to write more structured and thought-out poetry I tend to struggle more, and have to fight the urge to go all Leftfield! I also write short stories (which I never finish usually).

I'm an Arts graduate and I still enjoy sketching and painting, as well as photography, but I should really spend more time indulging my creative side, I've let things slide the last year or two and have become somewhat directionless in all honesty.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>