Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asexuality
For some reasons I think I can understand asexuality quite well.

ardus Wrote:I really think that it's understanding that's the problem.

I can only speak for me, but the concept of Asexuality is very odd in my mind.

But then again I am very obsessed with sex.

I would like to understand more.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

i'm gonna use a different example to try and help you (and possibly others) understand ...

i know a lot of people (including on here) who love food . they're interested in food and cooking and get a lot of pleasure out of those things . that's totally normal and i (sort of) understand why.
i , however , have absolutely no interest in anything to do with food at all . for me , eating is just something you do to avoid dying. that's it. if i could survive without any food at all then i'd definitely do that.

while the "norm" would probably be considered the first one (liking and being interested in food) , my attitude towards it doesn't make me a complete freak (i hope). it's just that i have a different attitude towards something that the majority do. for me , and many others , food isn't a part of life that we take much notice of or interest in.

for asexual people , it's like that with sex / sexual relationships . they could have sex if they wanted to , but usually choose not to because they have no interest in it. which doesn't mean they don't have relationships.

like me eating just to survive and not having any of the pleasure or excitement that comes from food , asexual people can have relationships that don't require sex and can get just as much happiness from a romantic relationship than a non-asexual can from a sexual one.

(i might be totally wrong here , so if any asexual people want to correct me please feel free 0_o . i apologize in advance)