Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asexuality
VileKyle Wrote:We should remove "atheism" as a religious choice too! Yus!

Well if you want to be pedantic an atheist is different to a non-believer, atheists have faith in their beliefs that there is no god and that everything can be explained by scientific theory.

Undreamt Wrote:Well if you want to be pedantic an atheist is different to a non-believer, atheists have faith in their beliefs that there is no god and that everything can be explained by scientific theory.

There are people who identify as "Not- Religious" Not even atheist, just "None of the above." It is a legit option.

Edit: I almost forgot!

Welcome to the forums Rae!! ^^ It's wonderful to meet you! I've met many asexual people before ^^ I definitely think it doesn't get the same recognition as LGBT people, but it's still just as an important part of being yourself as it is with me being gay. Smile

Welcome!

Armandork Wrote:Welcome to the forums Rae!! ^^ It's wonderful to meet you! I've met many asexual people before ^^ I definitely think it doesn't get the same recognition as LGBT people, but it's still just as an important part of being yourself as it is with me being gay. Smile

Welcome!

I've been on for a while XD Nearly a year I think maybe? But yeah, I'm just more of a lurker than a poster. I'm pretty quiet by nature :B Thanks though lolol

Anyway, I find it troubling that people are passing asexuality off as nothing. I mean, it's a little harder to explain but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist =( It's kinda like saying that people that don't identify as any specific gender are not people...Does that make sense? @_@ *crawls into a corner to eat my strawberry-cantaloupe smoothie*

Rae Wrote:I've been on for a while XD Nearly a year I think maybe? But yeah, I'm just more of a lurker than a poster. I'm pretty quiet by nature :B Thanks though lolol

Anyway, I find it troubling that people are passing asexuality off as nothing. I mean, it's a little harder to explain but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist =( It's kinda like saying that people that don't identify as any specific gender are not people...Does that make sense? @_@ *crawls into a corner to eat my strawberry-cantaloupe smoothie*

Well I at least agree with you. Some people just dislike what they don't understand. It's human nature and it sucks.

Thanks, VileKyle :3 *hugs and shares some of my smoothie with you*
lol But yeah, I agree, it does suck *nods*

Well....While it is a bit hard to imagine myself as completely asexual, that's just me, and I certainly can't speak for others.

Understanding oneself is horribly difficult, understanding others is virtually impossible.

So yes, I'll say Asexuality is legit. And out of all the options that the site offers, I think Bi is the closest thing if you're really just looking for an emotional relationship or don't feel that kind of attraction to anyone.

By the way, I like your (relatively) new avatar, Rae.

Quite true. Life is really just a journey of trying understand ourselves when you think about it. We don't have time understand others, but at the same time, if we understand others it can aid in us understanding ourselves!
I hurt myself thinking @_@ lol

And thank you! Big Grin It's me at ShutoCon (Lansing Michigan) wearing my corset and unicorn mask
I miss that mask. It was stolen just this last weekend =(

I'd assume the reasoning behind there not being an option for asexual would be that this forum caters, more so, to the general LGBT community...?

Maybe that will change? Who knows...

But then again, you could be LGBT and asexual so... hmm... that assumption may be flawed... I don't know..

Asexuality is more of an unknown to the majority, so if anything, that would be the reason.

I've found myself fluctuating in and out of homo-romantic asexuality for long periods of time, since my early teens, so I definitely understand it. (and for clarification, I'm not insisting that everyone who is asexual comes to and fro with it, that's just my own personal disposition.)

And for those that would like to dispute it's existence, understand that the human condition is far beyond our understanding, and everyone comes from a unique place in that spectrum.

Dreamer Wrote:I'd assume the reasoning behind there not being an option for asexual would be that this forum caters, more so, to the general LGBT community...?

if that's true , then why is signing up as a straight person possible ?
just sayin' Smile

I really think that it's understanding that's the problem.

I can only speak for me, but the concept of Asexuality is very odd in my mind.

But then again I am very obsessed with sex.

I would like to understand more.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2