Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asinine ! Pure and simple - asinine !
I'm Jewish, I have read every single verse in the Bible at least three times in my life (I am not religious, but I do like to be well-versed with what is around me).

I have found it to be nothing more than a social guide, a book of set of rules, or tales that serve as lessons for these rules (that was how the law was enforced back then, when detection machines / DNA analysis / forensic science etc. hadn't been invented).

It would have been much better, if the *person* who wrote the Quran, the Old Testament and also the New Testament would never have bothered to write any of them. The death, the slime and the heartache three best sellers in this world have caused so many people, would have long been jettisoned, abandoned and neglected in sane, rational, civilized countries (there weren't any of those back then!)

But the utter stupidity and total ignorance of certain people have perpetuated the travesty for ages and ages. SAD!

When will this asinine act of unwitting brutality stop?!

It won't. Some people are foolish enough to agree to whatever "facts" are presented to them most convincingly, with or without empirical evidence. I used to be the same way, until I learned to think critically on everything I hear. Today, I wouldn't last an entire sermon without having a panic attack, blood pressure spike, or uncontrollable laughter.

Mike Wrote:...When will this asinine act of unwitting brutality stop?!

There's nothing unwitting about it. If the bible and the koran had never existed you would have the same people using some other text to get their own way and make life horrible for others.

Same thing happened with the fall of communism, analogous to the death of a religion. A whole ideology disappeared. There was political confusion in the former soviet countries for a couple of years. Then, when the dust settled and we took a look at who was in charge of the countries (and many of their formerly state run industries) it turned out to be people who were at the top of the communist party greasy pole before the fall.

The vile aspects of the world which most of us would like to see the back of are the result of people, not ancient texts or British Museum philosophers.

Unfortunately the power of religion is so strong that people are terrified to think for themselves ,let alone question the doctrine of the said religion.

More people have died in the name of God than in any other cause.