Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking A Guy Out
sonofthemanse Wrote:... it's just that there's a real possibility he doesn't feel the same way about me at all. I'm still a bit unsure, though - is it OK to ask him even if I just mildly like him, or do I need to be madly in love with him before I ask? If he says no, will it be awkward between us - if so, how do I stop that from happening? Sorry, I'm new to this and am full of questions!

Were I in your shoes, I'd not be thinking about a "date" at this stage of the game. Instead, I'd be thinking more in terms of "hanging out" (as we call it over here in the US). "Hanging out" is much more laid back, casual, loose, relaxed... than "dating".

Is there a common fun activity you can offer to share with him? E.g., a bike ride, a walk on the beach or in the woods, hills...? Tossing a ball around, or a Frisbee?

Or invite him to share a soda-pop or a cup of tea or coffee.

And just be open and yourself. Don't worry about what he thinks about you. RELAX! If the two of you have chemistry, great. If not, that's fine too. But don't think so far into the future, nor worry about it. YOU WILL have a boyfriend at some point. It will sneak up on you. You won't be planning it ahead of time; it never unfolds that way. It comes with surprise, not expectation. So ... just let go and go with the flow -- while being true to yourself.

And don't be afraid to say "Hey, you're kinda cute" if that's how it feels. He may be shy. Or maybe you're the shy one, and he'll say something like that. Or maybe he won't be into you that way, but so what?:tongue: