Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking Him Out- HELP!
Ok so I have not been in a relationship for quite a while. So I am basically starting from scratch here. I got focused on getting set up in school and work.

So I met this one guy online, we HAVE [U][I][B][/U][/I][/B]met already. Just once though VERY recently, we text all the time. When we met we spent about 4 to 5 hours BS-ing (bull s**tting) about our lives, video games (we are both video gamers).
He is rather introverted, shy and all around quite a good guy (I can read people well).

I was wondering about how long should I wait before even asking him out, because I think he may like me (he flirts quite often with me it seems).

It may be hard to say or do but go for the plunge, I used to be a right shy idiot with guys, I wouldn't speak to them I avoided them at all costs. But I'm sure there is a saying something like "shy kids get nothing". If it doesn't turn out well just take it on the chin and move on, but at the same time don't rush yourself and most of all have fun :-)

Go for it! Fingers crossed all goes well Confusedmile:

Yup, ask him, all the signs are there clearly Smile
Good luck!

Get in there buddy! Go for it.

Welcome to gayspeak, by the way.

I'm sure he'd at least be flattered by being asked out if he seems like a good guy to you.
I don't see any reason to wait.Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Welcome to the forum, Rowan Ravensong!

If you want to see a movie or something along those lines Then ask him point blank - "Would you like to go see Prometheus" (or whatever movie you want to see).

I know at this time you are interested in more, and do want this to become a relationship thing. However you do not need to approach it with all of these stressors placed on it. Approach it more like two guys going out to have a bit of fun - two friends.

People put way too much stress/pressure on the first dates. They have great expectations and feel that the 'date' has to go a certain way and due to their trying so hard to make it perfect they often muck it up a bit.

Look at it this way, you want him to be a good friend if not your best friend if you are in a relationship, thus focus on building that friendship.

After 4-5 hours the first meeting and you two are still talking, there is something there between you two - so it will not be as hard as you think it may be.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:...
If you want to see a movie or something along those lines Then ask him point blank - "Would you like to go see Prometheus" (or whatever movie you want to see).

I think the word i'm looking for is:
PLUG!
:tongue:
Good choice though.:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

G Day Rowan and welcome. If you want to get to know him, ask him, go with your gut...instincts are far more intuitive than any advice we can give you Wink

You said he seems shy, so it may need to be you that makes the first move. The signs are good, so I would go for it Smile