Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assholes Anonymous.........I'm the President and Founder
southbiochem Wrote:you would get rejected, Jas

Not even if you try your hardest will you ever pass for an asshole

Sorry if I exceed that…….

What is the level beyond asshole?

What goes beyond valueless for that matter………………………………

*sigh*

I have a case for the Asshole committee to decide. The question: Am I, Wade, an asshole?

This decision must be based solely upon the evidence given. The evidence shall be my retelling of a retail incident I experienced today.

So I want to buy a pair of sunglasses. Never owned a pair in my life. I've always felt too self-conscious. But I'm going through a real "fuck it" stage in my life. If I want to wear some funky glasses I'll do it, dammit (he shouted to no one in particular)!

I go to the mall. I go to the sunglass hut. The first pair I pick up costs $149. I promptly leave the Sunglass Hut. I go to Zumiez. I spend a good half hour trying on different pairs. The two workers, a self important guy in a hat and a girl say hello. I find ones I like. They cost $9. They're neon blue. I buy them.

45 minutes later, as I'm walking around downtown, I reach for my newly purchased sunglasses that are hanging outside of my pants pocket to put them on for the second time in my life. As I open the ear-catcher thingys, they fall apart in my hands. An ear-catcher things just comes right off, and the screw that holds them together goes flying somewhere.

I think, "well that sucks, but good thing I stuffed the receipt in my pocket. I'll just go get my money back." I go back to Zumiez. The self-important guy in a hat sees me and says "uhhghhh." I infer that he was attempting to say "welcome back," so I smile and show him the pile of plastic in my hands that were once the glasses he sold me less than half the length of any Peter Jackson movie ago.

He says "I guess you can go get another pair over there." I say "that's okay, thanks. Can I just get my money back?" He says "No, because they broke outside of my store." He said the words "my store" which I found strange, but I also found a certain beauty that this boy would take such pride in his shitty retail job. I must've given him a bewildered look because he then said "you can talk to my manager if you want." I said "okay." So I stood there waiting for him to get his manager (he was just standing at the counter). After thirty seconds or so of the most awkward/tension filled staring match of my life he said "she's over there." And pointed.... over there. "Oh," I said. "Can you tell what she looks like then please?" "Brown hair" he said.

So I find She. True to his word, her hair was the brownest I'd ever seen. Self important, lazy, and douchey hat man may be, but a liar he is not.

She seemed much friendlier than He. I show her the glasses. She says I can pick out a new pair. But this wasn't my first rodeo. I knew the drill by this point.
"Actually," I said "I was hoping I could just get my money back."
She said "sorry, but they broke outside of the store."
"Yes" I said "but I bought them an hour ago, not a week ago."
"Well, how do I know you didn't sit on them? You know what I mean? But go ahead and pick out another pair if you like." At this point, I started to get annoyed.
With more impatience than I would've liked, I said "I don't want to get another hour-lasting pair of glasses. I can't keep coming back here every sixty minutes. I have a wife and kids, you know?" (I don't. That was me trying to inject some humor into the situation).
Then she tells me this: "Look, you get what you pay for. What did you pay for those, like five dollars?"
"Nine" I said through gritted teeth.
"Well there you go. I got twenty dollar pairs of sunglasses, hundred dollar pairs which'll last you a life time."
At that point I was really pissed and I really wanted to argue with her, but I knew it was futile. So in the middle of her speaking that sentence I promptly stormed out of the store, snapped the remaining bits of glasses in my hands, and slammed them in the trash on the way out.
She then shouts "sorry" in a shitty voice that really communicated "asshole." And I responded with a shouted "yeah, whatever!" which really meant "bitch!"

So.... am I an asshole?

This may be the first time I've ever thrown a fit in a store like this. I've worked fast food, been yelled at a lot for things that were out of my control, so I've always been extremely patient and understanding when things don't go my way at a store or restaurant. But this... this just upset me so much and I'm not sure why.

TL;DR I had a pissing contest with a brown haired shitty sunglasses merchant and acted like a child.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Thankfully no one ever considers me an asshole. They see my honestly and truthfulness as an asset, and whilst I may be blunt about things, they appreciate that bluntness since who wants to have things sugar coated and spoon fed to them?

I am not a member of AA.... Well this particular AA....

Yeah, you shoulda been in politics!!!

Like peanutbutter.........smooth, creamy, and easy to spread.

RoflHerz

Jovial Wrote:Sorry if I exceed that…….

*sigh*

You know damn fucking well what I mean.

Stop that self-bashing or I will make you.

Bighug

Wade.......It really needs to be not 0:14 AM for me to read all of that. I'll get back to you later

Wade Wrote:I have a case for the Asshole committee to decide. The question: Am I, Wade, an asshole?

This decision must be based solely upon the evidence given. The evidence shall be my retelling of a retail incident I experienced today.

So I want to buy a pair of sunglasses. Never owned a pair in my life. I've always felt too self-conscious. But I'm going through a real "fuck it" stage in my life. If I want to wear some funky glasses I'll do it, dammit (he shouted to no one in particular)!

I go to the mall. I go to the sunglass hut. The first pair I pick up costs $149. I promptly leave the Sunglass Hut. I go to Zumiez. I spend a good half hour trying on different pairs. The two workers, a self important guy in a hat and a girl say hello. I find ones I like. They cost $9. They're neon blue. I buy them.

45 minutes later, as I'm walking around downtown, I reach for my newly purchased sunglasses that are hanging outside of my pants pocket to put them on for the second time in my life. As I open the ear-catcher thingys, they fall apart in my hands. An ear-catcher things just comes right off, and the screw that holds them together goes flying somewhere.

I think, "well that sucks, but good thing I stuffed the receipt in my pocket. I'll just go get my money back." I go back to Zumiez. The self-important guy in a hat sees me and says "uhhghhh." I infer that he was attempting to say "welcome back," so I smile and show him the pile of plastic in my hands that were once the glasses he sold me less than half the length of any Peter Jackson movie ago.

He says "I guess you can go get another pair over there." I say "that's okay, thanks. Can I just get my money back?" He says "No, because they broke outside of my store." He said the words "my store" which I found strange, but I also found a certain beauty that this boy would take such pride in his shitty retail job. I must've given him a bewildered look because he then said "you can talk to my manager if you want." I said "okay." So I stood there waiting for him to get his manager (he was just standing at the counter). After thirty seconds or so of the most awkward/tension filled staring match of my life he said "she's over there." And pointed.... over there. "Oh," I said. "Can you tell what she looks like then please?" "Brown hair" he said.

So I find She. True to his word, her hair was the brownest I'd ever seen. Self important, lazy, and douchey hat man may be, but a liar he is not.

She seemed much friendlier than He. I show her the glasses. She says I can pick out a new pair. But this wasn't my first rodeo. I knew the drill by this point.
"Actually," I said "I was hoping I could just get my money back."
She said "sorry, but they broke outside of the store."
"Yes" I said "but I bought them an hour ago, not a week ago."
"Well, how do I know you didn't sit on them? You know what I mean? But go ahead and pick out another pair if you like." At this point, I started to get annoyed.
With more impatience than I would've liked, I said "I don't want to get another hour-lasting pair of glasses. I can't keep coming back here every sixty minutes. I have a wife and kids, you know?" (I don't. That was me trying to inject some humor into the situation).
Then she tells me this: "Look, you get what you pay for. What did you pay for those, like five dollars?"
"Nine" I said through gritted teeth.
"Well there you go. I got twenty dollar pairs of sunglasses, hundred dollar pairs which'll last you a life time."
At that point I was really pissed and I really wanted to argue with her, but I knew it was futile. So in the middle of her speaking that sentence I promptly stormed out of the store, snapped the remaining bits of glasses in my hands, and slammed them in the trash on the way out.
She then shouts "sorry" in a shitty voice that really communicated "asshole." And I responded with a shouted "yeah, whatever!" which really meant "bitch!"

So.... am I an asshole?

This may be the first time I've ever thrown a fit in a store like this. I've worked fast food, been yelled at a lot for things that were out of my control, so I'm always extremely patient and understanding when things don't go my way at a store or restaurant. But this... this just upset me so much and I'm not sure why.

No Mr. Wade, you are NOT an asshole.

Do you still have the receipt? If so, you need to contact the stores headquarters and either call them or email them. Tell them EXACTLY what you told us (minus the bad parts) and tell them their employees literally stole your money because they REFUSED to refund your money on KNOWINGLY DEFECTIVE merchandise.

Also mention how rude and unprofessional they are, and they have no business being in retail.

Also be SURE to tell them you will NEVER set foot in ANY of their stores ever again, and neither will your family or friends....and you will spread this information by word of mouth to anyone and everyone who will listen. (that in itself will always get a reaction from corporate)

If you want, I will do all this for you....I will just need some info from you.
Believe me, Im an expert at this.

I got on their website, here is the info you can use:

Customer Care
(877) 828-6929
M-F 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Zumiez Corporate Office

Zumiez, Inc.
Attn: Richard M. Brooks, CEO
4001 204th Street SW
Lynnwood, WA 98036

I guarantee I can help you get these douchebags fired.

Chase Wrote:I'm not a good "tell it like it is" @hole, I'm a "REAL" @hole, the mean kind.
I don't need to talk politically incorrect to be called one.

Your'e about as mean as this puppy here, Mr. Chase!!!!
[Image: cute_puppy1.png]

Im also a recovering asshole , at least thats what some think.

Jovial Wrote:Sorry if I exceed that…….

*sigh*

Ok mister! You get spanking in waiting for that remark!!!

The ONLY thing "asshole" about you, is the one Mother Nature gave you!!!!!

You couldn't be an asshole if you tried!!!

(Well, maybe if you hang around me too long.......LMAO)

HerzHerzXyxwave

Thank you Tinks, I appreciate the thought. But apart from this ranting, I don't want to spend any more of life getting upset over a cheap pair of sunglasses. I think I'll just do what I always do in these situations: fantasize about all the clever things I could've said in that moment and move on.

Wade Wrote:Thank you Tinks, I appreciate the thought. But apart from this ranting, I don't want to spend any more of life getting upset over a cheap pair of sunglasses. I think I'll just do what I always do in these situations: fantasize about all the clever things I could've said in that moment and move on.

Yeah, but these kinds of douchebags will just continue what they are doing and get away with it unless someone puts a stop to it.

And who knows, they may be doing something illegal or not by store policy, by doing to you what they did.

You are just helping to protect those who come after you.