Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astonishing photos from the past
If you are a history buff or just someone that can appreciate recorded history, you will really want to take the time to look at all these photos.

A company does HD photo restorations of vintage photos from the Library of Congress.

Pictures from various states from the late 1800's, truly astonishing photos of life now gone.

http://photosilke.blogspot.co.at/2013/03...tored.html

I had to laugh at photo number six. That sailor in the foreground looks so gay!

oh wow, dat contamination...

CakeLuv Wrote:oh wow, dat contamination...

Contamination? I was surprised how clean the beaches were.

I meant the industries, the boats, everything lol, they didn't thought about destroying the sea... yet Smile

CakeLuv Wrote:I meant the industries, the boats, everything lol, they didn't thought about destroying the sea... yet Smile

Do you think we're much better now?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzk1lwlCyArdaDEOpnGbG...Iv1eHpkyMQ]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNXruYU2RjhzZ93VD-GsI...txxZVlXFLR]

Seen better here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=images+o...66&bih=643

That's why I said YET lol

These are fantastic. Thank you for sharing. Too bad women had to wear a goddam dress even when taking a dip in ocean.

Is it weird that I kind of wish I lived back then. But, you know, without the oppression of women, minorities and gays of course.

Thanks for your comment Wade. Yes, there were a lot of undesirable things in those days but they don't distract from these photos that I think are of an astonishing quality both photographically and artisticly. Just look at number 046 | 1905 | "A winter morning"

That is indeed very beautiful. I like the trees (seemingly the focus of the photograph), very straight and orderly, all in a proper line and sandwiched between two elements of human order and control: the houses and the path (which no one is straying from). And yet they, representing nature and artificially planted, seem an unwilling participant in man's design, which is a theme in many of these photos: industry, expansion, a growing urban life.

... then again, it could just be a picture of trees. I don't know,

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that they are beautiful :3