Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astonishing photos from the past
I'm not sure why anyone would be concerned that I'll make some profit from the photography of their building.

Maybe they feel that if anyone should make a profit it should be them - it's their building after all.
I photographed the interior of a local church but had to wait for the permission of the Church Warden first. I think the fiver in the collection plate helped - lol
It's a question I'm often asked. As I understand these things, copyright rests with the photographer.

I'd love to go to the church where my ancestors are buried and had their own chapel. It has a stone effigy of a knight and some really ornate marble memorials. The church its self is Norman and stands on the site of an earlier Saxon church. The walls along the central isle are decorated with heraldic funeral hatchments.

The last time I was there I was about 15 with a 35ml fixed lens camera but they didn't allow flash photography! I even asked the Vicar if I could play the church organ (I love the sound of church organs!). He took one look at this precocious school boy, gave it a little thought but refused! I could play reasonably well back then – lost it now!

Anyway, time to see how I get pics up on this site...