Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astrology rant
I've had a few people want to run my astrological charts (or whatever they call it these days). I was curious enough to let them all try.

With a couple of them, I gave them a fake date of birth to see if I would fit the profile anyway. I invariably did. I'm apparently a perfect example of a Sagittarius, as well as an excellent specimen of Leo.

I also asked three people to try to "work astrology backwards". In short, if you can describe all sorts of traits about me based on my astrological sign, that should work in both directions - if you know all these traits about me, you should be able to determine my astrological sign. Mind you, I didn't insist they they get my birthday...or even predict my sign in one go. But certainly they should be able to narrow things down. State that I'm one of (say) three signs.

One person took five guesses.
Another took eight.
The last took eleven.

That last person later said "I should've known you were a Capricorn - Capricorns are prone to be cynical and enjoy trapping people." So, you know, there you go.

Lex

ps - I can't build anything more complicated than a sandwich, and if you try to touch the back of my knees, you'll probably get a foot in the face.

Lol, I'm supposed to have a foot fetish? Rofland why can't Pisces be something sexy like thighs or chest and nipples:biggrin:
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:Lol, I'm supposed to have a foot fetish? Rofland why can't Pisces be something sexy like thighs or chest and nipples:biggrin:

Feet ARE sexy! :biggrin:

Yeah, from that you can gather the diagram is not accurate for me lol

Disclaimer, I rarely discuss a topic with a person who only cherry picks to reach their conclusions.

With that said.

Astronomy started out as Astrology. But at some point the observation of the movement of the celestial bodies in the night sky went from trying to explain what happens on earth by what happens in heaven, to understanding what those pin-points of light really were.

Astronomy noted a rather interesting phenomena, that Astrology has decided to ignore, its called precession of the equinoxes.

What this means is 2000 or more years ago when Mid April was Taurus, it means that Today that time period (As time is measured on earth) it is really Aries.

That means I'm an Aries - not a Taurus.

Since the Astrology Crowd continue to insist that the sign that a person is 'born under' affects them, yet continues to be a whole sign off in reality, one has to wonder what that really means about the effects of the stars on the human persona.

My guess is, that when we take the descriptions of the signs in serious consideration, we will find that a lot of people will find something that resonates with them in any sign. Because, like it or not, horror-scopes are pretty general in what they say.

And yes Seasons do affect people - but then humans are evolved on a planet that has 4 seasons and until rather recently in human history, adaptation affected the behaviors of humans for survival. Example: Eating high fat foods in autumn and winter meant that our more norther cousins gained more weight and made it through the leaner times of later winter. Survival was met.

sleeping more in winter also relates to less hours of daylight, and it meant using less energy, thus needing less food, thus your fat store and your rapidly emptying larder lasted a wee bit longer.

Please to note, this has little to do with the Stars in the heavens.

Cridders88 Wrote:Feet ARE sexy! :biggrin:

Yeah, from that you can gather the diagram is not accurate for me lol

YOU are sexy. Smile

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Disclaimer, I rarely discuss a topic with a person who only cherry picks to reach their conclusions.

With that said.

Astronomy started out as Astrology. But at some point the observation of the movement of the celestial bodies in the night sky went from trying to explain what happens on earth by what happens in heaven, to understanding what those pin-points of light really were.

Astronomy noted a rather interesting phenomena, that Astrology has decided to ignore, its called precession of the equinoxes.

What this means is 2000 or more years ago when Mid April was Taurus, it means that Today that time period (As time is measured on earth) it is really Aries.

That means I'm an Aries - not a Taurus.

Since the Astrology Crowd continue to insist that the sign that a person is 'born under' affects them, yet continues to be a whole sign off in reality, one has to wonder what that really means about the effects of the stars on the human persona.

My guess is, that when we take the descriptions of the signs in serious consideration, we will find that a lot of people will find something that resonates with them in any sign. Because, like it or not, horror-scopes are pretty general in what they say.

And yes Seasons do affect people - but then humans are evolved on a planet that has 4 seasons and until rather recently in human history, adaptation affected the behaviors of humans for survival. Example: Eating high fat foods in autumn and winter meant that our more norther cousins gained more weight and made it through the leaner times of later winter. Survival was met.

sleeping more in winter also relates to less hours of daylight, and it meant using less energy, thus needing less food, thus your fat store and your rapidly emptying larder lasted a wee bit longer.

Please to note, this has little to do with the Stars in the heavens.

yaaaay I'm really an Aquarius Smile. but I do see your point Bow, I can see something in just about every sign that fits me.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

yousir Wrote:YOU are sexy. Smile

*Blushes*. Oh Shtaaap Wink