Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astronomers discovered a mysterious new galaxy
Thanks to a bunch of ordinary camera lenses. However, at $10,000 each I would dispute the description of "ordinary".

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20160928-...tter-find/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

*Stares all googly-eyed at the pretty canon lenses.*

I just want one. Just one. Do you think they'd miss just one?

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:*Stares all googly-eyed at the pretty canon lenses.*

I just want one. Just one. Do you think they'd miss just one?

Yes, I definitely think it would be missed.

I wish that I was able to wrap my mind around the significance of what they found. I don't understand anything about dark matter.

Its awesome though that cameras not intended for that purpose were able to help these scientists.

Dark matter. I have a theory about how it's correlated with gravity, and act like "vaccum presure", as the opposite of the ordinary matter imagining it like a third pole, but it's too soon to talk about it. we really don't know what it is. it's also needed more tests on the LHC, to really state the formation of the ordinary matter to even talk about the dark one. or even more the dark energy and how this things are not the same but interacts each others. Also we didn't have discovered the graviton as a particle yet... So yeah too soon for talking about it.

Emiliano Wrote:I wish that I was able to wrap my mind around the significance of what they found. I don't understand anything about dark matter.

Its awesome though that cameras not intended for that purpose were able to help these scientists.

I don't understand it either [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] and to be honest, this:

http://www.dummies.com/education/science...rk-energy/

doesn't make it much clearer!