Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Work (for a friend)
Thanks. I showed this to him, he says he doesn't feel especially bullied, just a little awkward. He likes the pretend date idea... he says he'd like a real date even more, but imaginary ones can serve a purpose!
Thank you all!

Glad to hear your friend doesn't feel bullied. At my last job, I didn't tell anyone I'm gay at first. Similar story - was single, the opportunity to come out just didn't happen. But later on as I made friends, I came out simply mentioning my ex. Something amongst the lines - oh, I'm probably gonna see my ex over the holidays. It's gonna be a bit weird, haven't seen him in ages. Worked like a charm Confusedmile:

Like others have said, I tend to keep my private life separate from my professional life...but that's always easier said than done.

The way I handle people questioning my sexuality is to let them question and ignore it. If its not directly affecting my ability to perform my job...what's the harm?

I don't wear my sexuality on my sleeve, but if someone asks me a direct question regarding my relationships or my sexuality...I don't shy away from it or lie either. Being frank and truthful I've found is a great way to earn respect and understanding from your peers. Who knows? Maybe they don't know very many gay people and are going based purely on speculation and stereotyping. Your friend, by being open and honest with himself may be the one to show them that gay men and women are no different than anyone else.

Sorry if this sounds rambling....running on nothing but coffee and willpower right now lol...hope it made some sort of sense and helped Confusedmile:

As soon as you said flatmate i instantly knew you where from the UK

BabyPolarBear Wrote:As soon as you said flatmate i instantly knew you where from the UK

Could have also been from Australia or New Zealand, common term here too Wink

I am from the UK. I always used to think the American 'roommate' meant you had to share a room... it doesn't does it? heh.

No, it could be what we call flatmates actually, I think.

Arrange a press conference???? :biggrin:

No, actually, Lilmy, this is me being silly....