Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attempt No. 3 Lemon Meringue Pie
Ok so the other 2 attempts have been COMPLETE failures.
So far I've done 3-4 things wrong with this one.

Because the instructions where absolute crap I ended up putting everything for the filling in at once, and later realized I needed to continuously stir it as the bottom of my pan is now brown, and it rather stinks!
The Meringue, I even brought a hand whisk for this, and I'm now typing with 1 hand Roflmao, I ended up attatching the whisk to my drill which was rather entertaining, the laptop is now covered in egg whitesRoflmao , but the drill died so it was still rather runny still.

Oh well can't be any worse than the others (I hope).

It came out allright, but after it cooled down the filling turned to rubber.
Rather nice though Biggrina.

Remybussi OMG Remybussi I will take a slice no matter what condition your Lemon Meringue Pie is in!

The best pie in the world as long as the lemon is nice and tart and not too sweet! Yours isnt too sweet is it? Love

ITS MINE ALL MINE! Roflmao Muhahaha...

I put in too much lemon zest though, which gives it a wierd bitter taste.

CardShark Wrote:ITS MINE ALL MINE! Roflmao Muhahaha...

I put in too much lemon zest though, which gives it a wierd bitter taste.

All YOURS and all you do is complain unless "too much" and "weird bitter" are positive compliments in this case :tongue:

I think I was doing you a favor LOL!

You can have some if you like, don't sue me though Roflmao

[Image: -----h-Gimme%20PIE!!!!!-.png]

CardShark Wrote:[Image: -----h-Gimme%20PIE!!!!!-.png]

Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow

Yes, Lemon Meringue Pie for Supper

*as my mom gets older we dont allow her to make LMP so there is NO way anyone could mess up worse than my mom Party

fjp999 Wrote:
Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow

Yes, Lemon Meringue Pie for Supper

*as my mom gets older we dont allow her to make LMP so there is NO way anyone could mess up worse than my mom Party

Lemon Meringie Pie is one of my culinary specialities...
Not actually easy easy to make but not too difficult.
The secret for meringue, Cardshark, is to whisk it gently with warm eggwhites. Make sure you take your eggs out of th fridge well before you get started, because room temperature will give better results in any case.
You can do this by either whisking them in a bowl over warm or hot water, or over a flame. Incorporate the sugar lightly after you've started whisking and then the meringue should gradually get thicker and whiter and smoother.
It's always a good idea to put a little pinch of salt in egg whites to be whisked too.

Hows yer skills at pumpkin pie PA? I'm hopin to make some over the hols but any tips would be most welcome Wink