Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attracted to younger men
As some know, I recently placed an ad on a mainstream dating website.

Personally, I have to admit, I'm most attracted to guys 10 years or so YOUNGER than I am.

But in order to open up the search parameters I listed my desired age range as 30-50 yrs.

Why not, right?

But as I search more and more I start to notice this "preference" is almost universal! And it seems like a recipe for frustration--because, in the meantime, I'm getting PLENTY of email from guys in their 50's who are searching for guys in the their 30's and 40's.

LMAO.

So I'm wondering, what does everyone think? Is this some sort of "gay hang up"? Or are we PROGRAMMED as males to desire younger partners (thinking of straight relationships where the man is typically older than the woman)?

I dunno...but I am in the same boat, I have a preference for younger men because quiet frankly most guys I have met 40+ are married, more promiscious, more set in their ways and come across as 'old' personalities, and by old I don't mean aged and weathered, I mean in their attitude to life...been there, done that...got the T-Shirt sort of attitude shits me.

I find guys in their late 20's and early 30's somewhat more balanced, purposeful, more inclined to settle down and have more of a 'can do' attitude rather than 'I know it all' attitude.

I personally can only go like 10 ten years past my own age and then I think its more of a recipe for disaster. Mostly cause I like going out and having fun with friends. I notice that people in their 40s no offense to anyone like to stay home more than anything else and just eh I wanna be out there ya know with friends. Sexually maybe, but relationship wise I just don't think a lot of 20 year olds would be very good relationship material :/

hmm, I don't think it is universal. I don't think this information can help you much Smile, but I am not attracted to younger guys at all. 10-15 years older more likely.
Good luck Smile

Youth is beauty.

Fortunately, it's not only the outside that counts.

dfiant Wrote:I dunno...but I am in the same boat, I have a preference for younger men because quiet frankly most guys I have met 40+ are married, more promiscious, more set in their ways and come across as 'old' personalities, and by old I don't mean aged and weathered, I mean in their attitude to life...been there, done that...got the T-Shirt sort of attitude shits me.

I find guys in their late 20's and early 30's somewhat more balanced, purposeful, more inclined to settle down and have more of a 'can do' attitude rather than 'I know it all' attitude.

I think I see what you're saying. Older guys do tend to be a little more cynical, while younger guys still take the time to keep things "polished", so to speak, because they think it's worth the effort...

???

Not trying to put words in your mouth, but that's sort of how I feel.

DarkDaisuke Wrote:I personally can only go like 10 ten years past my own age and then I think its more of a recipe for disaster. Mostly cause I like going out and having fun with friends. I notice that people in their 40s no offense to anyone like to stay home more than anything else and just eh I wanna be out there ya know with friends. Sexually maybe, but relationship wise I just don't think a lot of 20 year olds would be very good relationship material :/

I entirely agree with you about most 20-somethings not being good relationship material. Still too much "self discovery" to be done. This is the blessing of your 30s. You still have your youth, but you basically know who you are in your 30s.

Smile

LateBloomer Wrote:I think I see what you're saying. Older guys do tend to be a little more cynical, while younger guys still take the time to keep things "polished", so to speak, because they think it's worth the effort...

???

Not trying to put words in your mouth, but that's sort of how I feel.
Yes, something along those lines

Nick9 Wrote:hmm, I don't think it is universal. I don't think this information can help you much Smile, but I am not attracted to younger guys at all. 10-15 years older more likely.
Good luck Smile

Certainly there are exceptions to every rule. Last guy I dated was 10 years junior to me. He liked older guys too. Just wish there were more like you guys.

Smile

monk Wrote:Youth is beauty.

Fortunately, it's not only the outside that counts.

We do worship youth--and it's not just gay men, but all of western society.