Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attraction to guys younger then me....
Wait until you turn 50, THEN you will be wishing you were 31 again!!!!

Depends on what you mean by "younger"?? 1 year? 4 years? 10 years? 20 years???

I have a stipulation of at least 25 years old. Simply because a lot of guys have shed (or starting to shed) their dickhead teenager behaviors, for more appropriate behaviors. No, not "growing up", but becoming more in-tune with whats going on around you and reacting as a logical being, rather than pointing, laughing, and making fun of things/people.

may I pop in here?

At my age, it's getting pretty darn difficult to find anybody older 'n me
they all be dead.... :biggrin:

If you are within the law, not coersive, and the partnership is consentual

It's your private matter and has got nothing to do with anybody else

Those that pass snide and bitchy remarks such as chicken farmer, sugar daddy ETC are oosing jealousy

Older - younger relationships can and do work well, I know I was once "the chicken"

trialbyerror Wrote:may I pop in here?

At my age, it's getting pretty darn difficult to find anybody older 'n me
they all be dead.... :biggrin:

If you are within the law, not coersive, and the partnership is consentual

It's your private matter and has got nothing to do with anybody else

Those that pass snide and bitchy remarks such as chicken farmer, sugar daddy ETC are oosing jealousy

Older - younger relationships can and do work well, I know I was once "the chicken"

Oh trial. I always enjoy reading your wise advice Smile

My bf is 9 years younger than me and we get along great. Just don't go too young. (18-24) I'm not speaking for all guys of course, but generally speaking they have a lot of growing up to do. You don't want to deal with a manchild for a boyfriend.

I have to disagree Beau. My BF just turned 24 (and we're both Virgos, go fig) and while he does tend to get on my nerves from time to time, he and I get a long very well. Yes he had his faults, but so do I. But we work it out and have a great relationship in the long run.

I've been with guys who are 30/31. No problem with it. As long as they're legal it's fine.

I've got a thing for younger guys especially guys ages 18-23 years of age. I keep messaging them but don't really have much luck with them. I have more luck with guys ages 24-30 (guys nearer my age of 28).

it doesn't stop me trying but I am beginning to look desperate (which I kinda am truth be told). You can keep trying but judging from my own experiences you won't always have much luck as a lot of young guys seem to go for guys around their own age. Some may be flexible and more open-minded though.

I would happily date someone older than me and have been strongly attracted to guys well into their 30s. I wouldn't go more than 10 years older than me as a rule though. I will talk as friends to guys over the age of 40 but I wouldn't have any romantic interest in them.

I tend to like guys who are older than me. It's a shame, Dave, that Jersey is just too far for me to commute Wink

when I was much younger I looker very young in my 40's I looked like I was in my late 20's and dated many very young boys late teens and early 20's.I was great and of course legal.

SolemnBoy Wrote:Being attracted to younger people is only a problem if they're young enough to be illegal. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Well.. I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with this. Obviously the only "real" problem would be the illegal part, but I think if you're only attracted to guys who are within a specific age range, that could be a problem as well.

See the thing is, if your attraction to guys is based for a big part on how old they are, then how can you ever be in a long term relationship? Your boyfriends will grow older too. So if your attraction doesn't change to older guys as you grow older yourself, your attraction to your boyfiends will fade as they grow older.
Am I making sense?

I'm not saying this is the case with you.. I'm just saying I've heard this kind of thing happening before. So I guess you'd have to ask yourself am I attracted to youngER guys, or younG guys? The first doesn't have to be a problem given your attractions grow "with" you, the second could very well be a problem.